Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 308 K3p318

Methods and strategies I can use to help me recognise and manage my own negative feelings I have to write down 4 things for this, bit stuck so any help would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:03 PM

lolly is on a distinguished road

K3P318
I recognize and manage my own negative feelings by looking back at my own childhood experiences and reflect on how these may be influencing my practice. I also reflect upon my practice now and see how I cope with changes. |I think about how I deal with them and see if I could do things differently so that in the future I could improve my practice and in turn avoid feeling inadequate. I also find talking to other work colleagues about my practice and finding out their views on the way I work also helpful.
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:08 PM

Thanks lolly that is a great help x
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:35 PM

Hi again lolly, just been reading what you wrote again and bit confused with this bit "I think about how I deal with them and see if I could do things differently so that in the future I could improve my practice and in turn avoid feeling inadequate" Is it a seperate answer or linked with bit before, what does 'deal with them mean' are you referring to negative feelings, sorry if sound bit thick hehe.
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM

lolly is on a distinguished road

its to do with dealing with the negative things in my past,so in the future you do it differently and make it better.x
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikinoo View Post
Methods and strategies I can use to help me recognise and manage my own negative feelings I have to write down 4 things for this, bit stuck so any help would be much appreciated
Not sure if this will help but
It could easily mean how do you deal with part of your character or personality that could possibly affect you and those around you - adults and children at your setting. i.e.
You could write "I acknowledge that I have a short temper if I do not get enough sleep"
You manage it by saying that you always make sure that you go to bed early enough to have a good nights sleep, or in the event that you have had a bad nights sleep, you ensure that you let your manager know that you are not feeling so alert due to lack of sleep and it might be better to help on a quieter activity or do some observations.
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Thanks x