Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Default OFSTED and students

Hi everyone , my setting that I am at are waiting for an OFSTED inspection, I was wondering if they ask students on a long term work placement any questions and if so what questions will they ask? Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

At our last inspection, on being told one person was a "casual" worker who came in when needed, the inspector may a beeline for her and asked her about safeguarding children issues!

We use our induction process to ensure that all students/casuals know where the policies are and they are expected to read them (signing a form confirming that they have done so!)

I think Ofsted may ask anyone anything - they barely spoke to me: the inspector approached, I explained what I was doing with the child I was working 1-to-1 with and why and she went away, never to speak to me again except to say goodbye!

Sam
Unread 10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

they will ask anyone who is there, parents, students and staff, dont assume anything.
Unread 10-25-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
At our last inspection, on being told one person was a "casual" worker who came in when needed, the inspector may a beeline for her and asked her about safeguarding children issues!

We use our induction process to ensure that all students/casuals know where the policies are and they are expected to read them (signing a form confirming that they have done so!)

I think Ofsted may ask anyone anything - they barely spoke to me: the inspector approached, I explained what I was doing with the child I was working 1-to-1 with and why and she went away, never to speak to me again except to say goodbye!

Sam
I hope that doesn't happen to me lol x
Unread 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
they will ask anyone who is there, parents, students and staff, dont assume anything.
Lucky me, I will have to read up on my settings policys x