Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Jade_89 is on a distinguished road
Default Assignment 007 technical certificate

Can anybody help on this? I'm on task Aiii where i have to...
Produce an information or display used in a childcare environment covering the following:
*The care and development needs of babies and children under three
For all age ranges:
*How skin, hair and teeth should be cared for
*Good hygiene practices in a child care environment and the prevention of cross infection
*The importance of nutritionally balanced meals with an example
*How physical care routines can be used and adapted to support all children and young people

I've managed to do the second and fourth display, stuck on all the others though :weepy:
Any help would be greatly appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Errata is on a distinguished road

Sorry to bump a thread, but didn't see the point in creating a new thread. I am struggling with this task.
I have managed:
For all age ranges:
*Good hygiene practices in a child care environment and the prevention of cross infection.

But the other 2 are driving me nuts. The books just confuse me and the internet is useless. The physical care one i can't seem to get my head around it, mainly because i'm not too sure what it means. The Diet one i'm not sure what things i need to cover, obviously what a balanced diet is made up of :)

Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

Kazz x
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bountyangel is on a distinguished road

I use the textbook when doiong this task and just extended my knowledge and if you have done a level 2 then that is a help aswell as all you need to do is extend your explanation as the more you put then this helps to cross ref with other units. Breaking it down into stages 0-3 mths, 3-6 mths, 6-12 mths, 12-18 mths, 18-24 mths, and 2-3 yrs and all i said was the different communication was i.e 0-3 mths this stage of communication was done through crying, as adults pick up quickly what each cry means, such as they might be hungry or just need a nappy change.
When doing the skin, hair and teeth just reflect on how you would look after these and if you have children yourself then just think back the textbook has a few pointers to give you a help ion hand.
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
slickers

the menu you just need to produce a 1 day menu including snacks but make sure you cover special diets e.g. no wheat, no lactose, vegitarins other items can be offered. the skin, hair and teeth is just every day things but make sure you mention different ethnics if children have eczema different soaps etc
Unread 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bountyangel is on a distinguished road

The importance of nutrition I just broke it down into a table they included food groups, nutrients and portions per day. I even got ideas from the change for life pack that is available from their website.
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the pointers...especially for the diet one!! Much appreciated :-)

*How physical care routines can be used and adapted to support all children and young people

^^ this is the one now causing me most grief. The furthest i have got is that in a baby room we use the routines provided by the parents and plan our day around when a baby eat, sleeps and has bottles etc....
Unread 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Doodah is on a distinguished road

How physical care routines can be used to support all children and young people:

Routines provide opportunities for children to learn more about themselves, the world and other people. Daily routines also offer children a sense of stability, and a feeling of warmth and caring from their caregiver.

Consistent routines, activities that happen at about the same time and in about the same way each day, provide comfort and a sense of safety to young children. Whether it is time for a nappy change, a snack or a nap, knowing what will happen next gives babies and toddlers security and emotional stability. It helps them learn to trust that caring adults will provide what they need. When children feel this sense of trust and safety, they are free to do their "work," which is to play, explore, and learn. Their self esteem and self confidence are boosted because they are being well cared for through established routines and this makes them feel important.

Stable routines allow babies and toddlers to anticipate what will happen next. This gives young children confidence, and also a sense of control. Routines can be used to ensure children's health and safety, and for helping children learn positive, responsible behavior eg children wash hands before they have snack or after using the toilet.

As babies grow, they come into contact with more people and begin to learn patterns and routines for social interaction. Nappy changes or snack times are examples of routine interactions that teach social skills. These interactions are also opportunities to help our children develop language skills.

Such everyday actions are rich opportunities to support children’s learning and development, while having fun. Routines offer the chance to build self-confidence, curiosity, social skills, self-control, communication skills, independence, and knowlege of the world.

How physical care routines can be adapted to support all children and young people:

Adapting care routines so that they are consistent between setting and home eg toilet training.

Adapting care routines so that they are age and stage appropriate eg using the toilet instead of a potty, using a cup instead of a bottle.

Adapting care routines for children with special needs or physical disabilties.

Adapting care routines to encourage a child to help a child achieve more independence eg putting on their own coat
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road
Smile

Excellent post Doodah

Can I add onto this "helps children know what will happen next" this helps with an early sense of time - knowing what will happen at certain times of the day, particularly important when settling children to help them guage time /events until parent/carers collect.

Map all the routine activities to EYFS - all Learning & Development areas will be covered - a number of childcare practitioners miss adding routine activities onto their reflective planning. You are doing more than you are recording
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Thank so so much!!! That really helps me loads....

I really cannot wait to finish, 53% through now so more done than to do :)

Kazz x
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM

clare_alisha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_89 View Post
Can anybody help on this? I'm on task Aiii where i have to...
Produce an information or display used in a childcare environment covering the following:
For all age ranges:
*Good hygiene practices in a child care environment and the prevention of cross infection
*The importance of nutritionally balanced meals with an example

I've managed to do the second and fourth display, stuck on all the others though :weepy:
Any help would be greatly appreciated
hello can u help or advise on wat to do on assignment 007 task a thanks