Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road
Smile New Member

Hi!
I've just joined, and thought it would just be polite to say hello first off!
I'm a nursery nurse, not a manager, or even a room leader, in a private day nursery.
I have just started doing my level 4, and I am already completely lost! It just looks like so much work!
I found the level 3 relatively easy, but can see myself struggling here.

I've been asked to crack on with unit 402, but I don't have any idea how much I should be writing, because I was told that most things would be covered by observation and discussion with my assessor?!
If anyone can offer any advice, (about any of it!) it would be hugely appreciated!

Nobody that I know has done this level yet, so you can't imagine how relieved I was to find you guys! I can see myself coming here a lot, but hopefully when I'm done, I'll be able to do my bit and help others too!

Cheers, Sara.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

hi Sara and welcome. I have been here a few months now and find it really easy to use, and the people really helpful. I can't help you with level 4 but i am sure there are people who can and will once they see your post. tc Suzanne xxxx
Unread 01-05-2009, 12:34 AM

Thank you!
For now anyway, I am giving up and going to bed! Try and crack on tomorrow!
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

As far as i can see it seems to vary between asessors and centres, I wrote quite a lot, had some observations by my asessor, lots by my collegues and did the whole Nvq in a year, which was at my pace, some people have done it in a shorter time, it depends on you and your assessor, i didnt have much professional discussions, the centre I was with wasnt a college it was in the private sector. i had lectures once a fortnight and my assesssor came out to me about 5 times as far as I can remember.
Good luck take one step at a time and youll get it done in no time.
Unread 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Sazzle, welcome

We have great members so please feel free to ask if you get stuck.

Enjoy the site and look forward to hearing how things are going with you

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-08-2009, 08:37 PM
carianne

Hi I am a nursery nurse too and found 401 and 402 most difficult as I dont deal with all the policies and other agencies. The development units were easier as I do these things daily without realising and they were easier for me to cross reference. Good luck
Unread 01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
lynnbloomfield

hi,
im a nursery nurse also and have my first college night next thursday for my level 4,i also did my 3 in c.c.l.d and managed through ok,i am lucky that my workplace had already asked me to manage the room on my room leaders day off so that will help.Im afraid i cant help you till i get all my units through but as we are starting roughly the same time then maybe we can support each other.Hope you soon get some help soon
Unread 01-10-2009, 08:51 PM

sparky is on a distinguished road

I've nearly finished my nvq4 now just got some knowledge on 402. 402 and 403 really are the hardest units I think.
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:46 PM

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.
Unread 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM

I wish I could go to lectures!
I hate it
I just feel like giving up, I've got nowhere. I am no clearer on anything than when I started.