Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road
General question CYPW Question.

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering who is doing CYPW Level 3. I started it at the end of October last year and have struggled from day 1. I was just wondering anyone who had started around the same time as me how far you are into the course and how many Units you currently have fully finished? I have hardly any totally finished, I have quite alot on the go but not many finished. Also how many observations have you had so far?
I had totally forgot about this website after using it for my level 3 but now I have remembered be prepared for the questions!!!!
I'm so worried about being behind (which I'm sure I am)!!!!

Thanks
Charlie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi charlie im doing the cypw level 3 diploma i started in january and i am hoping to be finished in september its all i seem to do, i completed my level 2 but this course is very in depth finding some areas quite hard i have got 4 units signed off and other units partly done i have had one ob so far which is yet to be added and ive got a big ob coming up in a few weeks time
how long you got to complete it in ive got till december x
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road

Hello,i started at the beggining of march. I have two young children and never have the chance to do any work, only completed one unit i have until january, which sounds ages away but i just keep thing to myself i am never gunna be able complete it. I am finding it hard, partly done two units but dont think im on the right lines. ur not on ur own!!
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:34 PM

hi natalie did you do your level 2, and it can be hard to fit it all in what with kids, work and housework, if you need any help they are great on this forum i will help if i can x
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

saranne772 is on a distinguished road

I started the same time as you just about- end oct beginning november and I have a few units signed off. My tutor is coming out to sign it all off on Wednesday. I work a bit topsy turvy so although ive only a few units signed off its because I do a bit here and a bit there. Just finished my last unit 5 mins ago but there is one bit i'm sure needs more work but I need guidance on it. I've had about 4 or 5 observations.

Dont worry about being behind= the beauty of this course is that you get to work at your own rate. Ive fast tracked through it because I wanted too but I could have done it slower also.
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road

Hi Thanks for all you replys,
Saranne- 5 observations gosh Ive had two. I'm booking my next one this week. I am all topsy turvy aswell I start a unit and when i get bored or stuck (mainly stuck) I start a new unit... I have about 9 started but only 1 or 2 fully finished, I have sent a few to my tutor to say here is what I have can you help me with the last bits but don't here from her very much. (she also only works term time so there are big chunks of time where I don't have any contact with her).
I was told I have to be finished by October, which is why im so worried.
I have also been ill on and off all year which has been hard and means at times I can't so anything for weeks.
Charlie
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

use personal discussions you can also get a huge amount signed off i am finishing in july but feel i have a long way to go i have not had my portfillo for nearly 1 month as been to the iv and locke up over the holidays then i had to hand it staright into the ev which the y still have it. its so hard to work when someone else has everything you need. i have only had 1 observation mainly ny tutor marks my homework in our visits.
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:55 PM

PeePe is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi,

I started my CYPW level 3 diploma at the end of September.... I find it's all I do too... my completion date is the end of June so am working hard. Although I have to say, the diploma is fantastic, I start my new level 3 job on Wednesday ... so stick with it... it'll be worth it in the end!

I have now got to the point where I just type.... and if I need to amend anything I can do.... I completed my NVQ level 2 in just over 4 months and that was a breeze... this one is tough but well worth it.
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:36 PM

peepe, good luck with your new job and what setting do you work in x
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jenna is on a distinguished road

I started in october and have had 3 units signed off and bits and bobs done on other numerous units!