Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Fifitrix is on a distinguished road
308.3.8 supervising children according to legislation

Hi guys
Need you help again!!!!
Very nearly finished and looking through portfolio to see which pc's haven't been marked off and have come across 308.3.8 SUPERVISE CHILDREN ACCORDING TO LEGISLATION AND ACCEPTED POLICY AND PRACTICE IN THE SETTING
Thought I do this everyday!!
Had 2 observations and really thought this should have been ticked off - had all pc's and knowledge questions marked off about risk assessment etc and thought I had spoken about adult:child ratios in prof. discussion - not sure how else to get this marked off?
Any ideas would be appreciated - I've got a prof. discussion next week - Please help!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifitrix View Post
Hi guys
Need you help again!!!!
Very nearly finished and looking through portfolio to see which pc's haven't been marked off and have come across 308.3.8 SUPERVISE CHILDREN ACCORDING TO LEGISLATION AND ACCEPTED POLICY AND PRACTICE IN THE SETTING
Thought I do this everyday!!
Had 2 observations and really thought this should have been ticked off - had all pc's and knowledge questions marked off about risk assessment etc and thought I had spoken about adult:child ratios in prof. discussion - not sure how else to get this marked off?
Any ideas would be appreciated - I've got a prof. discussion next week - Please help!!
Hi,
Along with everything you have also mentioned, don't forget child protection - what signs to look out for, what procedures you would follow - who do you tell in the setting etc?
The procedures your manager (unless you suspect them and go higher) follows.

Also if you have children in nappies - are staff supervised when a child is changed? (always with another)
Do you have a rota, so it's not the same person? - again child protection.

If an adult goes down to the toilet with a child - are they checked if they are down there too long? - for their cover (protection) as well as a child's safety'

Whenever an adult leaves the room - do they inform the manager and give the reason why - for ratio and safety reasons i.e. fire drill.

What about other welfare requirements from outside the setting?
You'll need to tell your assessor how you spot the signs of any sort of abuse or neglect and how you go about it, if you suspect anything.

The above will be mentioned in your setting's policies and procedures.

You could use your child protection course certificate and also say you keep up-to-date on information by refeshing your knowledge by attending courses and reading/watching the media - so you are aware what has. and what can go on.