Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

-*kerry*- is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.3 1.2

I am really struggling with this unit. I just don't understand what it is asking me to write. Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get it done!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

keza is on a distinguished road

Hi,
This is what i have wrote -

Child protection is part of the wider work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering from any form of abuse or neglect. It also involves protecting children and young people from maltreatment and preventing impairment of a child’s health and development by ensuring children are raised in positive circumstances by providing safe and caring environments. As childcare practitioners, our first duty is to keep children safe from harm. Meggitt (p119, 2011, Meggitt) explains Safeguarding as: “all the steps you would take in an early years setting or school to help children and young people to feel safe and secure; protecting children and young people from neglect or abuse; ensuring that children and young people stay safe, healthy and continue to develop well.” This is important for many reasons. One of them is to protect them from harm or abuse. By doing this, we ensure that they have a better future than they would if they were long-term victims of abuse, by keeping these children and young people safe, we are giving them the opportunity to be successful. Parents or carers who fail to protect or care for their children could then be taken to court and the child could then be removed from the home and placed into care.

Wider forms of safeguarding also include; risk assessments such as providing a safe environment inside and outside of a school setting. Adhering to school policies, procedures and legislation i.e. health and safety, fire drills and missing children. Keeping up to date with training in safeguarding issues, encouraging learning and development of children and young people. Assessing observations to identify additional support needs, a child or young person will need a common assessment framework (CAF), this system enables multi agencies to access and add information about children.