Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 12-06-2008, 02:46 PM
SNOW WHITE

Default charts

hi i have spent the last hour or so trying to find a development chart, or some helpfull info on the subject have found some on this site but cant believe there isnt a chart to ref too some one must be able to help somewhere PLEASE. i have to do one for good hygiene practice too . can any one give a little help.xxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
nikkicohen

hi what sort of development chart you looking for. and what age range. i may be able to help i have done a chart for development physical. social etc for 0-16 yr olds
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:02 AM
SNOW WHITE

yeah the same one as you have done.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
nikkicohen

if u can give me a email add. i can email u it. if u like ive done it for a few people off here
Unread 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lollipop is on a distinguished road

is it possible you can email me a copy as struggling with charts. I need to add more info.
my email is *. Many thanks

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 02-28-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: *email removed sorry. Please pm any messages that contain sensitive / contact information.
Unread 02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shazbot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkicohen View Post
if u can give me a email add. i can email u it. if u like ive done it for a few people off here
Hi there could I be really cheeky and ask if ud be good enough to email me child development chart too I keep trying to start but the kids want mum every time I get ready and then my ideas gone in a puff of smoke thanks very much ta in advance Email is *

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 02-28-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: *email removed sorry. Please pm any messages that contain sensitive / contact information.
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

As an assessor - and I don't want to upset anyone - it really is important that you try and do development charts like these for yourself.... there are some really good books out there to help, you don't have to buy them (but if you are going into childcare having one good book as reference will always be useful at some point - not just while your studying) you can loan them from your local library -although you may have to request them - as they're not always the usual local reading matter!!
Assessor's are not looking for masses of indepth charts - unless you're doing a higher level - and the knowlege you gain whist spending the time researching and making your own will be far greater than just 'adding a pre-done chart' into your portfolio.

I know it's not easy - especially when you have busy lives - but the whole point of NVQs is that they are vocational and they should reflect on your own personal knowlege of the subject.

Wishing you all well with your studies, I know it hard, but if you do the ground work now the rest becomes easier later xxxx
Unread 02-28-2009, 11:35 PM

tbone is on a distinguished road

hi iknow what you mean i have my family annd my disabled mum live with me iwas struggling with my developement chart just didnt know how much info to put in it also i had to do transitions and moral and spritual plus health/safety but ive finaly got my head round it and it is better doing it your self i got a good book child developement /carolyn meggitt birth to 16 years 2nd edition an illustrated guide its well worth getting hope you get your head round your chart yourll benifit in the long run doing it your self yourll be ok tbone
Unread 03-01-2009, 11:43 AM

shazbot is on a distinguished road

my husband just bought me the child development book bless him, Im bit annoyed though as I did my level 2 3 years ago and was really poorly after so have only just decided to do my level 3 and ~I have been told I cant use my level 2 folders as previous experience of learning as it 3 years old , so any body doing level 2 and thinking of having a break dont as Ive now got to do loads of extra work!!
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road

http://www.uwex.edu/relationships/files/B3786-1.pdf