Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
suew

Lightbulb Staff Handbook

Has anyone got a Staff Handbook? Heard a lot of talk about these lately and we don't have one or any idea what should be in it! I am trying to get paperwork sorted ready for the new Autumn Term, any help would be greatfully appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road

Used to have one !!I would have thought all the policies,copies of contract etc,housekeeping rules,planning,meetings,training courses,induction and am sure lots more! If anyone has one could they share it with us please.
Unread 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

we had one at my old work place - crammed with sooo much info such as policies and procedures, house rules, use of phone, computers. planning, meetings, training, staff roles - everyones inc manager! cleaning checklists, individual jobs lists e.g. - child protection 'mary', art supplies 'june' toy rotas, uniform and personal hygiene rules - i.e. cleanuniform, hair tied back, minimal jewelery. we had a seperate induction pack. hope this helps. x
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Janie

Chloe,
Did I not send you my induction booklet that I use for all of my new staff, I also sent you the Health and safety induction didnt I.

Janie
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:15 PM
suew

Janie, if its not too cheeky, could I have a copy of the above? I will PM you my email and address, Thank you, Suew
Unread 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM

Oh daughter that must have been when I was not so involved cos I have the Health and Safety but where is the staff induction? Mine was nothing and only for one of the staff leaving who showed me be I would no nothing and I am supposed to be deputy!Could you be a dear and send me it again? Mum would be so so grateful!
Unread 07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Janie

Sorry ladies have been very busy what with Ofsted and recruiting new staff, I will get it sent I promise

Janie
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Default Staff Induction

Well if I was nearer I would apply but a bit too far to travel !
Unread 07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
cazzyt1

Hi Janie I would be really interested in your induction leaflets as I have a new member of staff starting in sept.
Unread 08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mrsb is on a distinguished road

hi janie, would also be interested in seeing your staff induction pack.
if poss could you email me
thanks in advance
mrsb

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 03-06-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Removed email address