Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kezza is on a distinguished road
focussing on the creative process rather than the end product?

can anybody help with the question why is it importnt to focus on creative process rather than the end product

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Hi Kezza

I just read some information on this in an article about positive praise. The basic answer is based on the premise that "its the taking part thats important" Praissing a childs effort is whats important and not the end result. And its a child own creative development that is important to them. The act of creating it rather than what the result looks like as creative art is a way to express themselves. Hope this helps
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

focus on the creative process.......think about a wall display in a setting...does it look imaculate? pristine and perfect? are all the pieces of work neat, perfect?

when I ask the children to make say........fluffy sheep for my wall display...do I make them sit and glue the heads on exactly the right place or do I allow the child to stick the head on were they want to? does it matter if they stick eyes on the feet? lol ( and yes this has happened!) and when all the children have finished do I only put the perfect ones on the wall as it will look neat and tidy? No I dont, because each child has produced a piece of work that....might not look like what its supposed to be but it is their own work! they have made it to their level of development, if they know were the eyes go then good, if not then we can talk about that and expand on it .... have you ever been to a setting and seen the most amazing wall display....thats obviously adult led and not had much imput from the children? I have...and while it looks lovely, It probably didnt have much impact on the childrens learning and development!

this is the sort of think I wrote, hope that helps. x
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

great replies, it is the duration that the children spend occupied or engaged in something that has the greatest potential for learning - hands on physical participation or watching how something is made are equally as interesting and children are all individual in the ways they enjoy taking part.

Finding out how things go together
How they work
How it can be done differently
What is successful - achieves an outcome
Building a tower of bricks - digging a hole - fitting together cogs that turn or how 4 straws can extend into just one - into each other or join up ..

Creativity supports curiosity, sensory responses - using & reacting to smell, touch, taste, sight & hearing, inquisition, question & answer, invention, innovation, learning, knowledge & understanding.

A finished product can be the motivatation to try - 'Here's one I made earlier'. Adults possibly find this more constructive than children, setting the scene, putting foward an idea a suggestion or providing planned/random/familiar & unfamiliar items for exploration are other very open ways to put a creative activity into action.

If you look at an activity or children's play in general and see if or where it has a beginning, a middle and an end, where is it the busiest for all those involved - including watchers, and where was the most done? Can you see achievements happen before a product is submitted as finished or is the achievemnt solely in having produced a product considered finished?

Learning and the creative process allows children to work actively with reflection, analysis & experimentation: Looking at processes, materials, properties, possibilities, cause and effect, getting on together, sorting differences, producing work/outcomes that is acceptable to self & others.

Physical & emotional development through creativity works the body - muscles and thought.

CD - Creative development as an area of learning
PD - Physical development
CLL - Communication, Language & literacy
PSED - Personal, social & emotionaldevelopment

Hth, welcome to the site
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kezza is on a distinguished road

thanks to everybody who sent me a reply all the information was really helpfull ive completed the question and my tutor has marked it thanks again