Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

munchkin is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 306 - K3H258 and K3H259 pleeze help

hello I'm new to this site and I must say how impressed I am with it.
Could anyone point me in the right direction as regards K3H258 and K3H259 please I'm at this stage at the moment having a total brain freeze

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

loublou is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have a mind block, can someone help me please on 306 K3H258 - Safe layout and organisation of room, equipment, materials and outdoor spaces, adapting the environment to ensure safety for children, according to their age, gender, individual needs and abilities.
I keep reading it and just can not see what I need to do, I know it will be something really simple but can not see it. Please Help.
Loubou.
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

morden is on a distinguished road

hi munchkin,

I hope this is the answer you are looking for
K3D259: How to adapt the environment to meet the diverse needs of children for whom you are responsible, according to their age, gender, individual needs and abilities
We always make sure that all children can access everything including children with restricted mobility or limited vision. Doors and fire exits must not be occupied with furniture or toys. The children should move around safely. They should have enough space. Staff should supervise children easily. Messy activities are should be near washbasins and on suitable flooring. We should make sure furniture; cupboards can not topple over on to children.
If we are working with children who have especial needs, some adaptations may be necessary to the environment so that they can safely join in with all the activities. A secure and comfortable environment is essential for a child with additional and special needs. We should be aware of needs of the children in our care in order to help to provide them with appropriate care and education.
Hearing impairment (we have one child with hearing problem)
• We should have quiet areas to work in pairs.
• Positive images of hearing-impaired people.
• Special audio equipment.
Visual impairment (we have children with visual impairment)
• We should lay out furniture and equipment to have enough space to move safely.
• We should have right equipment and activities.
• We should have positive images of visually-impaired people.
• We should not change to environment frequently.
• We should use bright colours in the setting.
Wheelchair user (we don’t have any child with wheelchair)
We should have ramps, wide entrance and exits and tables and surfaces should at right height. We should have designated toilet facilities and positive images of wheelchair users. Toys and equipment at right level.
Dyslexia (we don’t have any child with dyslexia)
We should have areas for quiet work and more time to complete certain activities. We should support in reading and writing. We should give children clear but brief instructions. We should praise and reward the child. We should have coloured gels to highlight text. Sometimes needed to read print. Activities to promote co-ordination and spatial awareness. We should have positive images of people with dyslexia.
Speech problem or English second language
We should have different language and cultures pictures, labels and books. We should give them one to one work. We should use music and story books. We should encourage them with open questions.