Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
lovelysoo

Default Unit 303 - K3D219 (part 17- aaarrrgh)

Hi again, can anyone help me I am due to see my assessor monday and I wanted to finish this knowledge. Its ended up being a really long piece of work (which she didnt want me to do, but hey I write as I talk)

Its support play, creativity and learning activities.

I understand that children learn through play, and that all activities need to be appealing and suitable and that if confident, happy with good self esteem they learn more and develop successfully.
But does this knowledge want me to use examples of what creative activites, play and learning act can be used and what they will achieve (ie; glueing, painting, sand water etc and the relevant - S.P.I.C.E) or should I rattle on about 'children having the choice to play freely helps them to develop as individuals' etc etc etc.

Also what does it mean by learning activites exactly????
Please anyone!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-31-2008, 12:59 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

i think its asking how you support and encourage play, creativity and learning in activities e.g by providing resources etc one way to support creativity is to allow children to make choices-maybe talk about 3play and room/outside layout and you could also say activities such as..... (for example sand and wanter play) can be a learning activity for the children as it can develop their S.P.I.C.E.S learning in such activities can be supported by... (for example asking open ended questions, adding construction material-i.e bricks to enhance the childs concept of pattern and shape etc). also say that learning, play and creativity is supported by effective planning and meeting individual needs, allowing the children to express themselfs etc also maybe mention curriculum framework.

learning activities are activities intended to learn the child/children something-e.g a mark making activity might be used to learn the children how to draw a letter or how to hold a pencil etc

hope this helps
Unread 08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
lovelysoo

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!! I think I have NVQ overload - I have been been spending most nights on this knowledge and wrote about 8 pages so far (while my kids are in bed) so all the late nights and getting back into the study mode has frazzled my brain a bit.
I should be able to get this knowledge finished tonight now. Thanks again for the response and a speedy1 at that! :-)
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
powell

this is the worst unit by far
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
topaz glam

This can be covered through observation, witness testimony or reflective account.

If writting about it you just need to say how each of play, creativtiy & learning are supported in your setting. Types of activities used for each & what the adult involvement is to encourage children in these areas.
Unread 05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

daisydoo is on a distinguished road

plz can anyone help with k3d219 part 18 done the nutritiona nd healthy eating need help with physical needs have a mental block appreciate any help thanks