Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
claire

Wide Eyed Daunting SEF

Hi, I have just downloaded the SEF form and shared it with my co workers, seems like a very daunting process. Is it really as bad as it looks? we are a reflective group anyway so am hoping that it will not be too hard. Would appreciate any feedback on how you are all finding/found it.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

We've got a meeting/training next week about it with our EY team I will let you know how we get on!!
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Lymeleader

Hi, Claire I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.Lots of really good answers.But I have just finished mine,and it took over 20 hours to do it by myself.My co-workers helped when they could ,but it was mainly me.I have not sent it in yet as we are moving soon ,so will have to do it all over again.I have not seen my EY team to see what they make of it,but i am sure they will be about soon.The Ofsted early self-evaluation form guidance form the ofsted website is a really handy guidance to follow.I found that i could not write all i wanted to write in the small boxes, so I used it on word on the computer and extended the boxes.I expect I have done it all wrong,as this is the first time doing anything this long on a sef,And i will be told soon enough by the EY team.
I found it really hard to reflect on everything you do and say if you were good or not so good at the 5 outcomes.Good luck, but I expect alot of other settings might have found it easier to do,but I did not, good luck!
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Kathie is on a distinguished road

I got my security code thro but am struggling to access it so i downloaded the form OH MY GOODNESS we are only a small sessional setting with 2 members of staff this seems like a massive undertaking. We are commitee run but they cant fill in most of it any tips
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Claire, best wishes with this and please feel free to post questions that may help you reply to the form.

Kathie I'm not sure if it's what you meant but this link will open the portal site in a new window - the original page is still using a pop up to launch the page, which can cause an issue with popup blockers.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/onlineofsted/Default.aspx

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Kathie is on a distinguished road

That's brill thankyou. That was the problem i think will give it a try
Unread 10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

we had problems accessing it, had to ring ofsted the techies rang us back we had to press f5 and do some other bits and finally got it online, it was fine online on the form but when we printed it off after submmitting the headings somehow ended up being below the box, nothing to do with how we typed it, i think its their site, still its submitted now, just our printout is a little strange but never mind it took us 2 hours to type it up and get it online never mind writing it in the first place.