Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road
Default 203

Hi all,
Im really beginning to struggle with this unit and would really appreciate some help, most of them i know the answers its just getting it on paper.

203.1.2, 203.2.7, 203.3.5, K2M42
Why is it important to maintain confidentiality when sharing and recording findings with others after an observation, about children's development?

Why is it important to share these findings accurately?

How did you discuss the childrens development and assess their needs further? (after an observation)

K2D39
When observing children why do you have to make sure that you are only writing what children do and how they behave?

How do you do this correctly?

Many thanks
Charlotte

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-01-2010, 03:17 PM

I would really appreciated any pointers or help!
Please Im really stuck

Many thanks
Charlotte

I have completed oral and written questions for unit 201, 202, and 204 and
Tech cert Assignment 003 and Assignment 002, if anyone needs any help just let me know!
Unread 08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi charlotte you only share the findings on a need to know basis to protect the child and their family, its important to share these findings correctly so as to get the correct help for the child within school or with outside agencies.
you would discuss their development with the teacher or senco co-ordinator and then perhaps outside agencies coming to assess them or by having an individual education plan for the child.
its important to only write down what the child says and does and not what you would think they should be doing so as to get an accurate observation of the child and their needs and abilities.
hope this is of some help i have just completed my course
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:01 PM

Thank you this has been some help!

charlotte