Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Lymeleader

Yeah, see what you mean, thanks anyway

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

mines still looking at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... still there's always tomorrow,

Seriously though, depending on what kind of setting you are -you need to look at these things in perspective....
Since I've been at current setting we've always done a kind of self evalution ( During my training I was lucky enough to be envolved with the ELLs project at an early stage) and it is something that I always carry at the back of my mind)......... eventalully the self eval becomes somthing that is part of everyday life at the setting, you probably do it anyway - questioning what you do and why............. even making sure you have the correct pol + proc on a regualr basis makes you question why you do certain things and how you can improve - and can help you from getting stuck in a rut.

For me the most important thing is to get the staff fully involved. Where I am now the staff seriously lack personal development skills -as the last owner was a total control freak and wouod not allow staff have any real input. That said this is where the 'crunch' comes - how on earth do you find the time + money for wages to allow full staff imput??
I could sit (in my own) and probaly do it in and wiz through it in a couple of hours (because I'm familiar with the process) but what's the point of that??? We need full staff input for it to be effective, and to do this I know would taken much, much longer, and with lots more people - and our setting for one cannot really afford this luxury, so in reality- I will fill it in - and we will just have to gloss over it at our next trainning day. Our LA allows us one child free session a term fully funded, so we'll jsut have to run through it there, however in two and half hours, with the need to do other bits+bobs I don't think we'll do it much justice.

Rant over!!!!!!!!! .....apologise for spelling and bad grammar
xxxx

xxxx
Unread 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM

Brandy is on a distinguished road

thought we had done ours apparantly we have not praised ourselves enough according to our advisor, another day tweaking it is needed before it goes online, more paperwork!
Unread 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Buzzybees is on a distinguished road
Wide Eyed

I'm a childminder and keep peaking at mine then hehe!

I really need to get it sorted, just finding time (not off an evening and too tired to do it!)

:reading: got tomorrow morning off until 12pm so going to try and get my teeth into it
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have done mine but can't get the silly thing online...

Technical support were very helpful though and they are resetting my password thingy but can't do it until Friday!

It's not that bad a form I don't think though it could be much shorter.

I found a lot of help in my previous report and in reading reports from other settings on the Ofsted site.
Unread 02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bev 06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymeleader View Post
Would it be too much trouble for you to send me a copy,so i can see where am going wrong
I would be really realy gratefull
If your having trouble filling in this document have a go and then ask for assistance from your local authority. I am a development officer for the LA and we have EYATs (Early years advisory teachers), who are visiting settings in our county and assisting them with this form.
It should be noted however, that this is a living document and should be re visited on a regular basis to update. It is also something that all staff should have input into.
Although it seems like a mamoth task, once done it is a very useful document because it helps you to see where the gaps are and how you can improve the service that you are providing.
Good luck
Bev