Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 12-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MissTickle2723 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Hoping someone can help...Play Unit

Hi, i would really like to complete this unit before christmas.

Any help is really appreciated.

I need to answer the following questions:

- Explain the effect a lack of play can have on learning

- Analyse the key features of an effective play based learning environment

- Identify the main barriers to play based learning within early years provision

- Analyse how barriers to play can be overcome

- Explain ways in which children with additional needs can participate fully in play and learning activities

- Explain how to plan a play based approach to learning for early years children

- Evaluate different materials and equipment to support play based opportunities for children in the early years

- Explain the role of an adult in supporting children’s play based learning

- Explain the principles of risk and benefit assessment pro forma for an early year setting

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you'll need to study extensively for this so that you're able to draw on the knowledge gained from that research, the daily practices happening within your own workplace/placement, its policies & procedures and the early years framework for your home nation - EYFS?

Which handbook are you able to use? Unit 5 Play and learning is covered from page 235+ of this title and the index provides additional reading if for example you look up risk assessment. Pro formas offer the opportunity to capture predetermined areas of information, recording details so that minimum standards of practice are met and the setting is able to review and analyse the data when working towards best practice. The proforma risk-benefit assessment on playboard.org is a good read

Can you ask your setting for a copy of a risk assessment or record sheet to see if benefit to learning & development is something that's included on it?

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shannonxo is on a distinguished road
Default help!!!!

i am stuck on the exact same questions, i was wondering if anyone could help me

thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTickle2723 View Post
Hi,

last time i asked for guidance/help i had a rather rudce response which has put me off of posting. But i would really like to complete this unit before christmas.

Any help is really appreciated.

I need to answer the following questions:

- Explain the effect a lack of play can have on learning

- Analyse the key features of an effective play based learning environment

- Identify the main barriers to play based learning within early years provision

- Analyse how barriers to play can be overcome

- Explain ways in which children with additional needs can participate fully in play and learning activities

- Explain how to plan a play based approach to learning for early years children

- Evaluate different materials and equipment to support play based opportunities for children in the early years

- Explain the role of an adult in supporting children’s play based learning

- Explain the principles of risk and benefit assessment pro forma for an early year setting

Thanks in advance
Unread 09-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site, which handbook has your tutor recommended for research?

Page 160+ of this book will help start things off xx

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-01-2017, 07:22 PM

shannonxo is on a distinguished road

if im honest she has not actually recommended a book, so i will look into this one thankyou x
Unread 03-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Hana11 is on a distinguished road

Literally my last question and last bit of coursework to be done and I'm stuck

Analyse how barriers to play can be overcome

Please help
Unread 07-03-2019, 04:42 PM

deegoodwin is on a distinguished road

Provide information through a workshop for parents and educators to help them learn the importance and to better understand play based learning.
Prepare an info. sheet, brochure or booklet for planning for play based learning; give tips that can help educators.
Showing or having hands on experiences for play based; may be set up a room with different play based experiences and show or have educators and parents play and visually see the set up and experiences.
Research and find those who have already done research on play based vs. theme based to show proof and back up your view. You can show educators and parents the research you found and what researchers have to say about play based learning.
Providing information to educators to open their minds and views about play based learning.