Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Popular early years themes and children's topics of interest > At the seaside

At the seaside Playing on the beach and paddling in the sea these activity ideas bring the coast to your preschool setting and celebrate children's trips, visits and outings

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Pebble photo images - seashore resource

If you need a seashore pebble photograph for a flooring to small world role play areas - please feel free to right click, copy, save, print & laminate these pictures.

For other resources:
Summer themed outlines for collage, paint and signage activities.

Summer book list for themed story times
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Patsy

Please remember you are not allowed to remove pebbles from the beaches.
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy
Please remember you are not allowed to remove pebbles from the beaches.
I'my trying to find out a little more about this ...

It would be nice to have a little clarification on any legal implications of taking home a few pebbles ... another soap box issue is the inconsiderate and greedy theft of our beaches rocks/pebbles.

It may be best to check with your local council on specific policy. I for one would be somewhat disillusioned if my children were prevented from taking home a few collected pebbles, it's one of the best ways I've ever come across that promotes a genuine worth and value of natural reasources, ones they'll certainly be entrusted with in xx years to come.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a document please post away ...
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road
Wide Eyed

silly q but why cant we take a few pebbles from the beach

we used 2 do it all the time as kids

my sisters and i would look for special white and black ones for our grandma, she keeps them in a bowl 15yrs later, she says they remind her of trips to the beach with my grandad :weepy: :fishing: he went 2 heaven on their 60th wedding anniversary last year :weepy:
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:36 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Right, from what I can gather after a few minutes searching, it really depends on the local authority. Certain beaches are protected because of particular species of wildlife or plant and need the local stone to balance their natural environment. But as you rightly say Ruth, it's seems to be ok for bulldozers to come in and mass dig away quarter of a pebble beach!! It seems it's all a matter of paperwork! I'll do some more digging and let you know what I discover,:magnify: if I come across any worthwhile sites I'll let you know!

Did you also know it's an offence to remove living seaweed without written permission after giving a good reason and proving your use for it? Dead seaweed also needs permission as you are only allowed to remove so many pieces!