Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Praline is on a distinguished road
Default Level 3

The question is "Use information gained from monitoring learner participation and progress to help learners to review their learning strategies, achievements and future learning needs. Compile a report of the outcomes"

Can anyone reword it for me, or give me a clue starter?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

zoe26w is on a distinguished road

in brief, for this I have put about a spelling test carried out in my class, one child was visibly upset about their performance but as it was a test I simply watched over her to make sure she didn't get too distressed. once the test was over, I took her to one side and asked why she was so upset, she admitted she hadn't practiced the spellings as she had been told to for homework and as a result she didn't know many of her 100 high frequency words. I thanked her for her honesty and said that I would mark her test during break and we could go through the words that she had got wrong, I wrote down which ones she needed to practice and then went over her previous test to see if there was any correlation. I could see that many of the ones she had gotten wrong were actually wrong on both tests so she had in fact not improved since her last test. we sat and spoke about why I felt she needed to practice and that if she did, it would help her obtain better results in her next test. she said she would practice at home. I offered to help her by doing smaller tests of maybe 5 words each week in preparation of the larger test and she said she would appreciate that help. so I then began setting her 5 words on a Friday afternoon to practice ready for the mini test the following Friday. this enabled her to not feel daunted by having to learn so many words in one go and also showed her that she can improve with a little effort.
hope this helps, hopefully you will be able to relate something similar in your setting to write about, xx