Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Michelleh is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone doing CYP3.3 in test form ??

Afternoon all,
hope you are all well. I am doing CYPW level 3 and will be sitting 2 tests on monday, one is for CYP 3.3 safeguarding children and the other CYP3.1 understand child development .... is anyone else doing these units in test form or done them already ????

Its been a long time since i have done any tests (apart from the key skills ones) and was wondering what they are like.
Im having to do 'preparation' work for them which is answering the knowledge questions at the end of the units in the book.

thanks
Michelle

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi I covered some units in test form - they were multiple choice answers and as long as you have the knowledge - through reading, research and experience you will be okay. Read all the info in the book relating to the tests and you will be fine.
Unread 06-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Hi
thanks for that.
Im working my way thru the units in the book and doing the knowledge questions at the end.
Hopeully its all sticking in there but doesnt seem like it really. lol

We'll soon see come Monday

thanks again
Michelle
Unread 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

dear god. how does a multiple choice test examine your knowledge. cheap training again
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
dear god. how does a multiple choice test examine your knowledge. cheap training again

lol Tutu , from that response i take it you're not a fan!

I've never done courses like this before. The last childcare course i did was in 1986 and at college for 2 years. Just doing this as a refresher as loads has changed since my college days and i'm just getting back to work after looking after my own children.

I have had to do a lot of reading and research this weekend to answer the knowedge questions in the book, maybe it just me but I do like to research things before I do them and spend time reading up on the subjects, rather than just copying from the book.
So I feel I have gained more knowledge on the subjects I will be tested on tomorrow.

We'll soon see how it goes in the morning.

Michelle
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Michelle - how did it go? Don't mind Tutu - she has a real bug about private companies providing training and sometimes forgets that her negativity about it can affect learners confidence.
Hope it all went okay. Good luck with the rest of the course
Mrs Noah
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnoah View Post
Hi Michelle - how did it go? Don't mind Tutu - she has a real bug about private companies providing training and sometimes forgets that her negativity about it can affect learners confidence.
Hope it all went okay. Good luck with the rest of the course
Mrs Noah
Hi Mrs Noah,
sorry for the late reply, I have just logged back in !! the tests went well, passed both and now i'm 87% done, just got 2 more units and 2 more tests (sssh dont tell Tutu !!) . assessor coming out in a couple of weeks so hopefully will nearly be done then.

I have done a child care course before when I left school back in 1986 !! But as things have changed soooo much since then , and i have had time off to have my own family, I thought I would do another course to bring me upto date ! i can understand where Tutu is coming from but she also needs to realise everyones backgrounds/experience/knowledge etc are different before replying with such negative remarks ! :soapbox:

Thanks for asking.

Take care
Michelle x