Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road
Default info on level four

Hi everyone.
I finished my level 3 in July/Aug and i'm looking at doing my level 4 however it says i have to be a manager - is this essential?

i'm currently deputy manager at the after school club i work at and i'm the only ccld holder as the manager has a level 3 in playwork and is starting his ccld training in January. However i want to further my training as i work in the pre school as well but im not a deputy and cover as deputy when the staff member is away - is this going to be a problem as alot of things i have read i need to be a manager

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Chell68 is on a distinguished road

No I hasve started it just this novemberI am not a manager, because its the childcare one my manager actually did the managerial nvq 4, Like I say I am not a manager you just have to be aware of policies etc and what a manager would no .
hope that helps
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:47 PM

cheers
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:51 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i really wouldn't bother, they are scrapped on dec 21st and will hold no value. this after all is the reason NVQs have been scrapped as unless they are a taught programme there is no confidence that learners have actually learnt anything. you best bet is to work for a year and do the foundation degree.
Unread 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM

i've been working for 3 1/2 years two 1/2 of which have been in my current work place
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yes but only 4 months post qualification, we only take people who have been embedding their qualification for at least a year. you need to understand the depth of the theoretical/practice interface. you could apply for next september? the FD is a wonderful course but high level academic and really stretching. or you could think about an IML course if you want to move into management a level 3 in management is always useful.
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Yes indeed, it'll be a measurable shame that those with fewer, naturally academic skills will now be potentially deemed inadequate at providing a quality learning experience.

Lil-Emz can you bring training & professional development up at your next meeting? As a group you may find the support to see what's happening in your area, let us know xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM

sebseb is on a distinguished road

:sorry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
i really wouldn't bother, they are scrapped on dec 21st and will hold no value. this after all is the reason NVQs have been scrapped as unless they are a taught programme there is no confidence that learners have actually learnt anything. you best bet is to work for a year and do the foundation degree.
hi tutu

i'm just wondering if you can explain what this means i started my ccld 4 in january i'm still working on it but after reading that the qualification doesn't hold any value i'm wondering whether or not its worth carrying on and finishing it off

i would be very grateful for any advice

thanks
sebseb