Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bookpixie is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Sensory Gardens?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has a sensory garden in their setting?
the play team on our ward have been informed of an opportunty to better utilise our playground and asked for any ideas on how we could do this as well and some amazing playing apparartus ect I suggested a sort of garden area maybe with some herbs and scented flowers something we could use during a sensory room expirence, the rep seemed really keen on this idea and said that he had not long started doing this for schools ect as a sort of multipsensory area where you can have groups of children doing activities or story time (like a mulitsensory story sack! lol) . He asked me to do some research into the idea and see what ideas I could come up with on doing this:reading: I have found mostly parks ect that have lots of scented flowers and bubbling ponds,brooks, gardens of remberence areas like the ones we already have at our hospital but I havn't so far found one catered specifically for children on a childrens unit. does anyone have any ideas? or know of a childrens hospitals,school ect that has a sensory garden?.
I would greatly appreaciate any input!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-19-2011, 11:32 AM

I did run across a sensory garden page in the rhino catalogue that helped me come up with ideas for our sensory garden we will hopfully be built in the new year!! have a peek:
http://www.rhino-uk.org.uk/catalogue.html
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:31 PM

We have our sensory garden it looks amazing! Especially with all the butterlies wormery, ant home,mini beast trap door,squirell feeder and lots of colourful wind chimes pinwheels ect cant wait till all the playground is finished and we can start getting the kids out thereforstory time ect!
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

wow, sounds amazing, let us know if any photos are uploaded anywhere xx well done :)
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks Ruthierhyme!
I will do as soon as everythings finished I will take a few snaps :)