Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Years News & Events

Early Years News & Events Preschool and other relevant Early years news and events will be posted in this forum along with our subscribed feeds. Please add any local news or opportunity that you feel is of interest

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
princess_nat

General question Where can i get freebies for the day nursery i work at??

I have recently started a new job as a team leader i would like to get some good resources/ activities for the new children to support their learning.
Can anyone advise anywhere to look or email to get FREEBIES?
Thanks
Natalie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
shannaj

Default Free Stuff

Hi, we have got a new leader for our setting this term and she started with many new things that she got for free! She approached ELC and asked for a donation, they told her to go to their warehouse and she picked up THREE trolley loads of stuff for NOTHING! She could have got more, but couldnt fit anymore in her car.
So try approaching some educational toy stores, letting them know that you have just taken over and are desparate for new resources.
Unread 09-18-2008, 12:09 PM
princess_nat

WOW!!
That would be amazing, thanks for the info. I have emailed ELC and hopefully they get back to me with some good news.hehe
Thanks
Natalie
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road

Just a quick line about ELC emailed them to see about donations and was told they dont give to individuals and that they give to a company called inkinddirect who distribute the items they get. Went on the website as they give the stuff they get to organisations/charities, it said that you got the stuff for free but paid a handling charge. This was a whooping charge!!!!! you may aswell buy the things i was really shocked anyone else come across them
Unread 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
princess_nat

Hi Kathie,
I know i emailed ELC and they said the same suggesting this inkinddirect,Can't believe the charges are so much.
Thanks for mailing.
NEED SOME FREEBIES FOR SCHOOL!!
(can anyone help)

thanks
nat!!
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:35 PM
shannaj

That is so strange, but our leader went to our local ELC store and as i said she came away with so many things, we have had new things out almost every day this term!

Shanna
Unread 09-27-2008, 09:42 AM
princess_nat

Hi Shanna,
So what did she do or say when she went in?
email back asap shanna.
Thanks hun
xxx
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road

Umm sounds a bit odd to maybe she is offering something else???? Lol
Or maybe she is a thief. no only joking whatever she is doing it's working!!!