Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
loo-lar

General question outside observation

Hi everyone im just wondering if anyone has been observed by their assessor on an outdoor play session and if so what kind of activity or play was planned. Im planning a simple throwing,catching with balls and group game of Whats the time mr Wolf , to cover physical,and the effects exercise has on our bodies. Any other ideas? nearly done now yey

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

As an assessor, i look at it that most if not all, activities can be carried out outdoors - they do not have to be just 'physical' as such, so don't just limit yourself to these. It maybe you want to encourage more boys to mark-make, so you could set up a role-play area car park/garage with the children wrtiing tickets etc, you could do a painting activity, perhaps a quiet planting session to involve counting...... remember outside ANYTHING goes!!!

xxx
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:00 AM
cybertwin

i agree, outside can be anything , also college assessments can be a pain. i try to tell my staff that the assessor should see what they would normally do! one memeber of staff used to ask for all the other cihldren to be kept away from an activity, and this is not what mornally happens! they need to see you delaing with others and incorportating them into the activities
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:12 PM
loo-lar

Thanks for your replys,I think as a candidate i worry to much about making sure i get covered what i planned to do, but i no that it all turns out alright in the end .....
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

loo-lar the activities sound great we used to have great fun with the ball games .. extending them by using hula hoops, staff would place / hold them in random heights & places for the children to throw through & roll balls along the ground & through !!

We got very good at ducking & dodging lol

Let us know how the assessment goes ..
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Laura30_03

what unit was this to cover? i have an observation on me on wednesday and have to set up an activity to cover 305. as this is all about child health and safety would any of you recommend an outdoor activity as apprpriate? i was also thinking of a baking activity, do u think this might be better? any ideas?!
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
loo-lar

Well ive just about finished level 3 and on my last obs, i think it was to cover pcs in optional units 306 0r 307 cant remember now lol, it will proberbly rain or snow and go all wrong, just got a little cross refs to do and hopefully it will be all over and then i can get my life back........ive asked children to bring wellies and raincoats just in case ....
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:58 AM
loo-lar

It went well! my assessor liked the notice i did on the door for children to bring raincoats and wellies in case it rained and guess what.....it did, I got everything out with the help of the children played a couple of ball games using hoops, assisted children on the trikes and scooters all over in a few minutes but enough done to cover,thankfully. Thanks for your replys....