Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 11-13-2008, 09:34 PM
SNOW WHITE

Default drop in centers

hi i know a couple of you already run drop in centres for us childminders im looking at doing one at my local CIS thought i could invite some guests in to attract some of the more stubborn ones that dont get involved. we are approaching a local aquatic centre to do a visit with some of there more rare animals but wondered if you have any other ideas for cheap (free) visitors that the children (pre-school) children will appreciate.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

What about the police or firefighters? Or perhaps you could ask the children's relatives who may have interesting jobs or hobbies
Unread 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

I work in a private day nursery but as far as visitors go we haven't paid for anyone to come in. We have had people from the blind association, a librarian, the police, firemen, dental nurse, a local priest, parents have come in also. probably the funnest for the kids was when Pizza Hut came to nursery.(yes the famous chain of pizza food joints) They made pizzas with the children which were yummy. After they had been we were invited to pizza hut to have a look round the kitchens where they do the cooking and then we were given a free meal as well. Theres more but i get forgetfull. Let me know what you think and if any of these ideas pan out. good luck xxxx
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
SNOW WHITE

Highfive

thanks some great ideas .xxxxxxxxxx