Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road
Help SOS on the final stretch but confused on the wording..

I've got a few more questions to go and then i'm done but i'm really confused on the wording of one question and in what context i'm suppose to be answering

the question is from unit 303 and is question S10 - S11 Support information handling

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

If you can type up the question in full, then someone on here may be able to help you, otherwise it's guesswork on the context of it.
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:13 PM

that was the whole question Heidi - my boss had no idea either so she suggested calling my tutor - who explained that it meant to write about data protection etc - stupid question if u ask me - wasnt written clearly at all
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Emz View Post
I've got a few more questions to go and then i'm done but i'm really confused on the wording of one question and in what context i'm suppose to be answering

the question is from unit 303 and is question S10 - S11 Support information handling

Okay, I'll try and help you with what it may be! If your tutor has no idea, perhaps she'll accept what you write!

I'll break it up.

Support - help - shall we take it that's you and your setting/organisation?
Information - as it is
Handling - how/why/what do we do with it

With any informtion- it's there for someone

-if it is general or 'open' knowledge your opening hours and fees, they can go up on your notice board and/or in a newsletter

General Observations -this information can/could be shared by the child, their parents and other staff

Early Years Action Observations ( where you have a concern i.e. speech, hearing etc) - Senco/staff, parents and Area Senco if you need Early Years Action plus.
This you can share information with other agencies (health visitor, speech therapist etc) for the benefit of the child (with parent's involvement and consent)

Accident & Incident Book - statements just for the staff/witness and parents to see. Kept under lock and key - sensitive information.

A 'Concerns' book which you may record (factually) i.e. bruising that could be innocent, but you will record (possibly using blank body pictures to draw in the marks) and keep monitoring,
- only other staff; not the parent/carer they maybe metering it out. This book must be kept under lock and key as with any sensitive information

Information where you suspect a child is being abused - Manager, who will then go down the Bluw Flow Referral chart and directly ring the Duty Officer .
Do not share this information - you do not tell other staff, as without evidence, you do not know who it may involve. If it is our manager, then you wouldn't share your doubts with her but ring that number yourself (or go higher in your organisation for them to do so). Ofsted have a whistle blowing hotline.

Information given by parent's about their childr - who is collecting them? They've had a restless night etc - all staff for understanding and empathy.

Of course, all information apart for the 'open' information must be locked away when your setting is closed and the sensitive material should always be locked away unless you are using it.

There must be lots of other instances, but I hope this helps.
Unread 06-04-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanks Heidi