Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road

without sounding rude i have two books i have brought for this course and there is one sentence in only one of them about holistic development not including the one u have mentioned, thats why im asking on this forum for any pointers, surely if u had all the knowledge points for what u need to cover in your book u would not need to be asking on this forum either.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-16-2007, 06:25 PM

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi busybee I'm in the same position as you never seen/heard of the technical certificate and am doing City&guilds also but found quite a bit of info on holistic developmnt and bits that might help with the other knowledge question in Childcare and Education by tina Bruce and Carolyn Meggitt[4th edition] published by Heinemann this is the handbook for the diploma in childcare and education and to be more honest have found it to be more helpful for my nvq than the recommended handbooks it also comes with a cd-rom with helpful info. You might also find the cd rom with the birth to three matters pack and the eyfs pack useful too, hope that helps
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:20 PM

thanks watgem, although it does annoy me that what we need to know to cover this course is not all in one book, so far i have brought 3 getting quite expensive, but i have got eyfs pack so il look at that.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:07 PM

watgem is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean I have spent a fortune on books, Nursery World etc but I guess in the big picture having a level three will open more doors for us and boost our confidence and hopefully improve the care we give to children etc, feel free to vent to me whenever you want, I often feel like giving up so it would be great to have someone to vent to!
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:34 PM
cinders

I dont wish to state the obvious but..... I have often found doing my foundation degree that the local library has LOTS of good books on child care and education!! and the best thing is... they are FREE!!! unless of course your like me and forget to take them back!! then it can cost ALOT!! lol
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:45 PM

unfortunately my local library does not stock any sort of childcare reference, i would of been able to get the book that is recommended on this thread from college if i was still there but no more teaching so no reason to travel 20 miles to college, luckily i know someone who teaches there and they have said they can get the book for me so problem solved and no expense so i hope the book will be useful.
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM
cinders

:o) Usually if you have a title or subject you want..... the library will order them for you free of charge.... you just have to be organised about it so you get it in time... again I fail in this 'organised' thing! lol

Good luck with your assignments!
Unread 01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
chantelle

hi ellie could u help me I am doing cache level 3 stuck on unit 3
Unread 01-06-2008, 06:21 PM
chantelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelle View Post
hi ellie could u help me I am doing cache level 3 stuck on unit 3
Unread 01-10-2008, 12:06 AM
melissa79

Hi,

I think you will find it means that when we look at child development we need to look at it as a whole. For example if a child has problems with hearing it will affect speech and language, this in turn can hinder social development as communication is difficult between peers.

For the second part you just have to state that all children develop at different rates. Maturation is how mature the child is. If a child has seen domestic violence they are more likely to be more mature than those that haven't. The things that children have been through can make them tough but just because this is the case we as adults should remember that they are still children and are only capeable of thinking and feeling like children inside.

I hope this makes sense.