Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jelleybabe is on a distinguished road
Default winter displays

Hi, I am not very creative and need to do a display for pre-school to do with winter. Has anyone got any easy ideas or pictures of their displays. Thanks Sarah

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

Bare trees with snow-laden branches - either painted or cotton wool? Lots of paper snowflakes? Snowman fashions (through the ages?)? Winter clothes? winter sports? If you can draw it, a snowball fight - try and make the snowballs 3D.

That's all I can come up with at the mo'.
Unread 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

I'd love to get some display pictures up in here .. if anyone can help out that would be great

Hibernation would be good ... 'lift the flap' interaction if the display is low enough for the children to reach !?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-17-2007, 07:49 AM

suewhit is on a distinguished road

we have a simple display up at the moment, white sparkly background with snowflake boarder . Childrens art work about snowmen even the blobs! and photos of the children working. In our small world/role play area we have a large blow up snow man small world snow and animal enviroment (probably animals from both polar regions together) lots of white background frost silver tinsel and xmas decorations like icicles pictures and posters of polar bears penguins etc books on winter tissue snow balls hats scarves and gloves. Last week we put a tray of fake snow in from tts brill stuff this week we will be putting ice mountains in the week after soap snow etc we hope to make ice mobiles and a collage jack frost for display with the poem. if we get snow next week as predicted that will be just perfect.
sue
Unread 01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
rainbowtigger

I have just done a winter display and downloaded some free resources from some other sites. I found this site while searching the net for resources.If you want the adresses just let me know
Unread 01-18-2007, 09:09 AM

jelleybabe is on a distinguished road

yes please, would love to look at these sites. we use to have a member of staff that did the displays and they were really good, but she left and it is left to me to do and i am not very creative

thank you Sarah
Unread 01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
rainbowtigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleybabe View Post
yes please, would love to look at these sites. we use to have a member of staff that did the displays and they were really good, but she left and it is left to me to do and i am not very creative

thank you Sarah
these two sites have a lot of free resources and loads you can buy if you want too.
www.instantdisplay.co.uk
www.sparklebox.co.uk

hope they are of some help. Have not not only used them for school but also for resources for my Rainbow and Brownie Units