Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JJ74 is on a distinguished road
Pease help - Meeting individual development needs.

i am due to finish my level 3 by the end of june, my assessor has set me some questions to finish odd bits of units off so they can be signed off, i am a bit stuck at the moment, i have answered all the other scenarios apart from the last 2, which are the ones i just cant think what to put down for them

Meeting individual development needs.
For each of the scenarios below, identify the specific needs of the children at this point of change in their lives. Write an account of how you would meet these needs to promote development.

Feroza is 11 and about to go to college.

Liam is 16 and is about to go to college.

please help :weepy:

I know there is a second part to this question something about additional information for the scenarios but i havent read them as i didnt want it to influence the answers i gave to the first parts.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2010, 09:15 AM

i have answered these questions now but im stuck on another one now

how do you give support to a child who's parents have split after alligations of abuse?

my brain has gone totally blank
Unread 05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Hi JJ74

Which knowledge number are you working on?
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:43 AM

K3t111
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Gosh that's a tough one for this knowledge criteria.

Appears you have very little information to work on, if the one line you have given here is all you have. It does not say who suffered the abuse as this could be a case of domestic violence to the remaining parent/carer.

The child may not see the abuse as abuse. I would focus more on the split, meeting the individual needs of the child, as, and when required. ie, being there to listen, giving reasurance, tell the child they are loved. Also, give support to the parent, if needed - this may also help you support the child.

Hope this helps
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

njs is on a distinguished road

hi jj74 if i am not wrong is that not all about transtion i did a spider web with from birth to 16 saying how we can support them through this period inbox me if you would like me to e mail my copy to give u a idea take care njs
Unread 06-02-2010, 08:16 AM

thanks for the help guys I have now answered all the questions and emailed them off to my assessor, i can now get on with the others she has set me now.