Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 305

Could anyone please help.........I have posted this question a few days ago, but unfortunately received no replies

For K3P245 and K3P247 my assessor wants me to draw up a questionnaire of between 5 - 10 questions based around inclusion and anti-discrimination asking families using the setting. Rating 1-5, 1 being poor and 5 excellent

This form will NOT actually be seen by a parent, but I need to evaluate what their replies are!!

I would like some suggestions as to what questions I can put in the questionnaire if anyone can help, that would be great
xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

how can you evaluate replies to a questionnaire people aren't going to see?
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road

I have to make it up!!!!!

I hate unit 305

x
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM

bountyangel is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Kerry 305 is the most in depth unit that I have had to cover in the whole NVQ
Unread 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, using a survey this way sadly isn't going to do much to improve your working practice though will help techniques for reflective practice.

Once the exercise is complete could you ask to distribute them? It would be very interesting to match parent & children's feedback to your own thoughts & feelings and where wanted, better the settings understanding of what others are aware of.

Title your survey for readers to know what it's about.
There are many survey formats which collect differing amounts of information - questionnaires
Muliple choice, tick box, smiley face selection, and as you've decribed rated - 1 to xx, open question - inviting input that's individual, closed question.

I tend to look for open questions that ask respondants to add more than just a yes/no/tick/check answer although closed can be equally informative: Do you think XX preschool has ever discriminated against someone? Do you feel XX preschool is inclusive?

You could identify areas of your setting to ask questions about: the building & the grounds, the inside layout, the setting's resources,the activities and events you all take part/plan, the staff, attitudes, training suggestions. All these are best discussed with everyone before formally handing them out, ensuring everyone's prepared for possible replies
  • What do you feel xx preschool does best?
  • What do you feel xx preschool does least well?
  • What can we improve?
    To help your child feel more involved with day to day happenings
    To help you feel more involved with our setting's happenings.
    To attract more custom.
    To involve the local community.
    To deal with concerns
    To promote children's learning and development
    To understand your child and your family's needs.
Add a note to say how you welcome/want honest answers - constructive feedback is the best to plan or work with. Include good sized spaces for replies. Annonymous questionnaires that don't ask for a name and address may recieve more useful, open information than one that does request identifiable details.

You could look at asking after ..

Cultural activities - celebrations, festivals, events
Cultural resources - toys, equipment, furniture, literature
Cultural minorities - ethnicity and inclusion
Communication - languages, signage, awareness campaigns.
Medical issues
Health issues
Disability
The setting's procedures & routines
Staff training and understanding of children and family needs.

7 survey dont's from USA based website is a good read and tips for designing a questionnaire is also good.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers