Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

ujala is on a distinguished road
Help SOS nvq3 ccld i don't have a clue! please help.

Hi every one.Today is my first time on this forum. I dont have any qualifications in child care before but i am working as a child care assistant for more than a year and its paid job.I have a degree in biology from abroad.Is it possible to do nvq3 ccld directly or do i have to do my level 2 first. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-11-2009, 12:23 AM

S4d4f is on a distinguished road

u need to do level 2 first....but i dont know in your case...uve had experience. ask at the college/centre ur going to enrol on.....they might be able to help u
Unread 06-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I haven't really done any childcare work before I got the job as an Out Of School Worker, but my assessor stuck me straight on to the Level 3 without doing Level 2 first.
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

do level 2 first! people think it is to simple for them to do but soon change their mind when doing it. you wouldn't do latin a level without the gcse would you and this is exactly the same. 1 year experience in the scheme of things is very little i have mums of 4 on my level 2 and they all say they are glad they did it.
Unread 06-11-2009, 01:43 PM

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies. Any more suggestions welcome! Some one told me that nvq3 is only possible if i am in some supervisory role otherwise i have to do nvq2.is that true?
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

tis at our college. you cant do an a level equiv till you have the underpinning knowledge and that comes in the level 2. it does depend on the college though some are more lax than others and some private providers seem to take anyone to fill their quotas.
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

phlebotomist57 is on a distinguished road

Dont mention you have any qualifications as you may be entitled to the course for free.
Any sort of qualification can scupper your chance of a free course.
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Someone from surestart said they might pay 75% of the total course cost.and there is 'train to gain' scheme as well.My employer has asked me to get the info. I am not sure how to apply.I think while giving an interview to the tutor i will ask him unless it gives bad impression. I don't know how that interview will be like.ooooh god help!
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

phlebotomist57 is on a distinguished road

Dont mention your qualifications from abroad is the best advice i can give you.
GOOD LUCK
Unread 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM

Thanks. I appreciate your help!