Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lostock Playschool is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say "keep at it" for all those who are working so hard. you are all an inspiration....

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hi everyone!

Im just about to send in assignment 3...i am SO behind its untrue..not sure how I will manage another 8 units by september as they seem to be taking forever to complete!! Has anyone done the assignment for unit 4 on personal development...Ive just been looking at the tasks....how on earth are you supposed to complete that if you are not actually employed as a TA?!!?!? any pointers to any of the 13 tasks would be GREAT eg what evidence did you use, how did you go about it etc etc etc as a lot of the tasks ask you to demonstrate stuff!?!

I am just so glad its not just me who is struggling. the study house / e distance learning course is just so vague and so far ive just had borderline passes because of how i have been setting the evidence out rather than the content which i think is unfair as comments are great about each task! veryvery frustrating!!!!!!

Like ive said before and others have too...i have a degree so thought this would be manageable but there is so little support from my tutor that im really regretting the whole thing now :( i thought tutors were there to support and advise and not be sarcastic and just copy and paste bits from the study guide back at you when you ask them something!?!?!?!!?!

but yes...any help or advice re unit 4 personal development would be really really useful as I can see I will be stuck on it for a long time otherwise!!!
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:40 PM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Am now seriously worrying that I haven't set my text based answers out correctly. I've done the font size and line spacing and I've included my student number and everything, but haven't put the assessment criteria and learning outcomes on...... does that only have to go on once because if so, I could maybe just put that on underneath the actual task at the beginning of each one? It says in the course notes that you can use your own format providing you have all of the information on so I'm hoping so.

Also, as for evidence, are you providing a range of evidence for every single task or will the report on it's own do for most of them? Really not sure?
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:30 PM

hi there!

for the assignments ive done so far (only on 3rd) I have scanned in the front sheet first with page numbers of where to find each task. for each task i have name, student number, assignment number and page number on top right

i then put title of task number and title of task

then i have sub heading of the evidence eg candidate report, witness statement blah blah

my unit 3 is the first time i have tried to set it out more like the examples in the study guide (for what they are worth !!!) as I've so far had borderline passes based on my inability to understand how to set it all out correctly. am going to send off assignment 3 after the weekend so if i pass (!!??) i will send you a copy so you can see how ive done it!!
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Actually, now I've looked, I have put the assessment criteria on each task but it's the learning outcomes I haven't included, do I need to put that in somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat67 View Post
Am now seriously worrying that I haven't set my text based answers out correctly. I've done the font size and line spacing and I've included my student number and everything, but haven't put the assessment criteria and learning outcomes on...... does that only have to go on once because if so, I could maybe just put that on underneath the actual task at the beginning of each one? It says in the course notes that you can use your own format providing you have all of the information on so I'm hoping so.

Also, as for evidence, are you providing a range of evidence for every single task or will the report on it's own do for most of them? Really not sure?
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM

re your question about evidence..sorry realised I hadnt answered it in last post!! I have been using different evidence for tasks as I am not sure if you can use the same evidence twice or not??? so many of the tasks in each assignment seem to want such similar information its hard to know what to do!! can anyone else help re this please??? also has anyone got any guidence / advice re how to tackle unit 4 as im about to start it!!
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM

Hmm, I've revisited my layout again after reading all of this, and I've decided that on the whole I'm leaving it as it is. I've made a header with my student number, assignment number, name and page number so that this appears on all of my sheets and the page number starts automatically so I don't have to do that manually. I had then just put Task <Number> and the text that follows as a header on each page..... I have now gone back through and added the relevant assessment criteria underneath that bit as well. Hoping that will help.

As for evidence, I've just reread the course notes (again!) and it says you need to provide evidence for each 'learning outcome' so I'm assuming that you don't need to do more than the report itself for every task, so long as you have a range to cover the learning outcome of that? So, where there might be 5 tasks per learning outcome, you might only put other evidence for three tasks? Does that make sense? Do you think that sounds ok?

As for Unit 4, well, obviously I'm not there yet but I really can't recommend the book I've bought enough! It seems to be written specifically for this course and all of the tasks that are in our course folder are pretty much word for word headings in the book. Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (Primary) by Louise Burnham and Brenda Baker. Obviously you'd still need to do more research yourself as it doesn't necessarily go into too much detail, but it gives a great starting point! Let me know if you want the ISBN number or anything. I got it from Amazon :-) xxx
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM

hiya! yes that sounds like how I set out each page.i have the louise burnham book and agree...couldnt be without it although yes you often need to do more research alongside it but its more help than my tutor!!!!
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Haha, yeah, I'm thinking anything would be more help than the tutor
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Ok just wondering whether anyone can help me with this please? I've done all 14 of the tasks as a report for Assignment One - Child and Young Person Development. So, all tasks have a Candidate Report. Then, I've split my evidence into the five Learning Outcomes.

I've included a reflected account and obvservation/witness statement for the first one which is the different stages of development;
for the third Learning Outcome which is about monitoring and intervention I'm including a professional discussion about the various methods of monitoring used in my setting and the school's inclusion policy;
for the fourth LO which is the language and communication needs I'm including a reflective account of a child who does not speak and have suggested ways to encourage him to talk
for the fifth LO on transitions, I've put in another professional discussion and the school's Pastoral Care and Pupil Support Policy which reinforces the discussion that I had. I'm struggling to think of what I can include for the second LO on the factors that affect development - my first thought was a professional discussion, but since there are already two of these, will I be including enough variation of evidence?

Also, do you think that I've included enough or am I way off? Please help if you can as I really wanted to get this submitted before we break up for Easter! Thanks in advance