Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mum23ks is on a distinguished road

I've not even thought about font size, line spacing etc. I've just kind of done it.

As far as the candidate report goes, I have a sheet which I have photocopied as I thought I'd need more of these throughout the assessments. Do I just fill that in or did you do it a different way? I do wish there were more 'examples' out there to help as it all feels like I'm in the dark wearing a blindfold lol.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again.
Michayla x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Honeybun is on a distinguished road

If you look at the front of the first file, page 7, it gives you a list of things you have to do. I only know as when I first started someone had the entire assignment sent back as it wasn't set out correctly. Made me slightly paranoid!!! I agree, it would be better if they had examples.
I start each task off with page no in right hand corner.
Next line what type of report it is - Professional discusssion, reflective account etc.
Then I do my own box with name, student number, date, learning outcome and assessment criteria similar to the example.
Under that Task 1
Under that the assessment criteria again.
Then you are away answering the question.
I start all my tasks this way just with a different type of evidence heading.
Don't forget all pages that don't have the box has to have name, student number, assessment number and page.
Chris
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:27 AM

lindamgzs is on a distinguished road

Can i just say folks, this site is the one thing that is keeping me going with this course. The content is good and very interesting, but i am really struggling with knowing exactly what they want, in terms of evidence. Definately think they should include more pieces of actual evidence as it just feels like a stab in the dark with every task. I got my first unit back with borderline pass and so trying to include more evidence now for unit 2. However i only seen to be doing up reports or few prof discussions - just hoping this one passes!!!!!
Unread 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM

Keeps me going as well.
Whatever I'm stuck on there is always someone who's posted a question and answer!!!
It does get easier :-)
Unread 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM

Jules1309 is on a distinguished road

Hi im new to this and im doing the same course as you, just finished the first assignment and it was sent back as like you said question 10& 14 need to be a different type of evidence. I havent a clue what do to for this can you offer any suggestions. I feel on my own as i decided to this as a home study course, ive never done anything like this before please help!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum23ks View Post
Sorry I meant unit 1 tasks 10 & 14. Apologies.

Thanks so much for your help. The word 'analyse' in task 10 seems to have thrown me and isn't sinking in. Very frustrating!

Do you email your completed assignments or post them?

Thanks
Michayla x
Bit of a blond moment I think.....
The answer i gave for task 14 was for assignment two!!!!
Sorry about that
Chris
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hi there all! im new to all this! I too am with study house doing the level 3 ncfe suporting teaching and learning and am struggling to know how to present it and what evidence to use. has anyone completed the unit 3 health and safety one that could give me a few pointers? it seems to take forever to get into this course as no real help given my course material or tutor!! even if someone can just tell me what evidence you used for what task just as a pointer as despite a lot of hard work i keep getting borderline passes which is gutting!
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Bexley is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am also doing this course with study house and finding it hard to provide different evidence. Currently on Unit 2 and can't think of other ways to present my evidence other than written reports!! Does anyone have an example of a professional discussion as I am not sure how to go about it or how to set it out. Are you all using the example ones in the study notes? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been doing this unit for ever now!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hi there Bexley! I'm now on unit 3 but really struggling. have had borderline passes for both of my first two units yet tutor keeps putting great comments but says that im not giving enough range of evidence and not setting out like i should be i.e needs to be set out like the sample ones in study notes. so the professional discussion that I have added to unit 2 was kind of how they have done it in the notes. but am seriously regretting this whole thing now as getting no help from tutor other than some sarcastic comments and SO many of the tasks in each assignment seem to be very similar to each other. in unit 3 health and safety there are at least 3 different tasks all pretty much asking the same thing. to be honest, for one of them i have completely made up a reflective diary to fit in with the information they need. i started this course september and am only on unit 3 and still 8 more to do..im putting so many hours in but getting nowhere but looks like on this thread and another one that ive been writing on there are a lot of others in the same boat!
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:13 AM

Bexley is on a distinguished road

Hi cwaring, thanks for your reply. I also had borderline pass for my first unit with what would seem like similar comments to yours!! Agree with you about the tutor help, non existent! Like you say just some sarcastic comments and quotes from the student notes. Also begining to regret taking this course. Been working on it for about 10 hours a week since january and still not finished unit 2. Do you have to put one of the candidate report sheets in for every task?Ii have only been putting my evidence type on the assignment sheet with the page numbers. Just not clear at all or is it me being totally thick!!!! I am so glad i am not the only one finding this hard to understand. This forum has been fantastic, think I might have gone amd by now without it!!