Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

TRACI is on a distinguished road

My assessor has told me that my work is very detailed, and you don't have to write loads if it has all the details that are required, but she did say some people only write a few lines and that is not enough. Sometimes i write loads. My assessor came yesterday for my final review and said all my work has been great and what i have done has been signed off. On my last 5 questions now. has to be in for Monday, oh what shall i do with my time then?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

amina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Well done and congratulations and be very proud of yourself.

I have been through exactly the same thng am i writing enough or too much but like you i was always told that my work was done with great detail and with great examples from what we do in our setting

Hey lynn,
keep up the good work!
dont let other people comment put you down , your answers on this forum have helped me alot that does not mean i have copied it like other people think! , it just made it sooooo much easier for me if you wanted to you could have asked your daughter to help you as she has done her level 5 but to what i see you have asked people questions and answered so many to help others that shows you want to do this urself , i m doing a online course and i knew nothin and i thought wat have i done enrolling for a level 3 course but when i first joined this forum someone made things much more worse for me by saying "has it occurred to you amina that the qualification you are going to receive will allow you to work with children, the most precious thing we have. and that you know virtually nothing? the things you have written have been given you by other people, you do not deserve this qualification. it is an absolute disgrace no wonder you wont tell me what the college or trainer is. children deserve key people who have a vast and deep knowledge about their needs not people who have copied it off others."
and i wanted to GIVE UP! and i did for couple of months but then i thought why should i let this person put me down more like it made me more stronger and now i want to show her i can do this and her comments wont put me down and i feel sorry for her students who because of her must have given up!, i knw kids are precious i have 2 of my own!!! she aint to judge!!
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina View Post
Hey lynn,
keep up the good work!
dont let other people comment put you down , your answers on this forum have helped me alot that does not mean i have copied it like other people think! , it just made it sooooo much easier for me if you wanted to you could have asked your daughter to help you as she has done her level 5 but to what i see you have asked people questions and answered so many to help others that shows you want to do this urself , i m doing a online course and i knew nothin and i thought wat have i done enrolling for a level 3 course but when i first joined this forum someone made things much more worse for me by saying "has it occurred to you amina that the qualification you are going to receive will allow you to work with children, the most precious thing we have. and that you know virtually nothing? the things you have written have been given you by other people, you do not deserve this qualification. it is an absolute disgrace no wonder you wont tell me what the college or trainer is. children deserve key people who have a vast and deep knowledge about their needs not people who have copied it off others."
and i wanted to GIVE UP! and i did for couple of months but then i thought why should i let this person put me down more like it made me more stronger and now i want to show her i can do this and her comments wont put me down and i feel sorry for her students who because of her must have given up!, i knw kids are precious i have 2 of my own!!! she aint to judge!!
Thanks Amina

well i have just heard off my tutor he has received my certificate and he will drop it off next time he is in my area, so my work has been IV'd and passed so i feel as if all the hard work i have done has been worth it.

Lynne
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM

gracygrey is on a distinguished road

Hi Lynne,

Hope you have a nice bling bling frame to put your certificate in
How long did it take you to complete the course?
My assessor was in today and I now just have my 3 optionals to do but they are chunky monkey ones so not looking forward to it

I have to say that there seems to be a wide range of people doing this qualification and all have different ways in working and expressing things.
Those on here that give the 'harsh' replies I am sure are doing it out of the good of their heart but I can't help wonder if they have got too wrapped up in the buearucratic awfulness of the early years sector - sometimes you can go too far and lose sight of the fun and reward that just being and playing with the children brings
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
Hi Lynne,

Hope you have a nice bling bling frame to put your certificate in
How long did it take you to complete the course?
My assessor was in today and I now just have my 3 optionals to do but they are chunky monkey ones so not looking forward to it

I have to say that there seems to be a wide range of people doing this qualification and all have different ways in working and expressing things.
Those on here that give the 'harsh' replies I am sure are doing it out of the good of their heart but I can't help wonder if they have got too wrapped up in the buearucratic awfulness of the early years sector - sometimes you can go too far and lose sight of the fun and reward that just being and playing with the children brings
Hi Gracygrey
A bling bling frame think i am going to have it turned to gold lol, i havent seen it yet but i am looking forward to it. It took me a year to complete but tutor has had my folder for just under three months, i had 18 months to complete but pushed myself through the summer holidays to finish. I think optional units are harder because within the handbook i used there was very little information or none at all and i think we all need guidance just to check that we are completing things properly.
Regarding the harsh replies that some people give yes i think that they think they are being helpful, which in a way they are but you could word things differently and more politely and i know that they have more knowledge and more experience than any one on here but perhaps they need to go on a communicate course.

Like i have said i am in childcare because i love my job and i get so much from it and hopefully so do the children within my care, I have a main role within my setting and i attend loads of courses to keep up to date with things, in fact my tutor has said that my setting is one of the best for attending courses and identifying training needs.

Anyway thankyou for your kind reply but i am thicked skinned and alot of what people say will go over my head

Lynne
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Well done and congratulations and be very proud of yourself.

I have been through exactly the same thng am i writing enough or too much but like you i was always told that my work was done with great detail and with great examples from what we do in our setting
Hehe.. That's exactly what my assessor said to me :-) Who was your assessor ?
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
Hehe.. That's exactly what my assessor said to me :-) Who was your assessor ?
Hi Mockingbird

not sure if i should say his name, was your assessor a man

Lynne
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

No, she wasn't. Lol
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
No, she wasn't. Lol
lol obviously they share the same words
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

susiecute is on a distinguished road
Good For You All

I HAVE READ ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND THE ON THING THAT I CAN SAY IS 'GOOD FOR YOU ALL' YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL. LIKE YOU I HAVE CHILDREN, I AM AN OLDER MUM AND I HAVE FOUND THIS VERY HARD WORK, AS YOU SAY THE WORDING SOMETIMES I FIND ODD, BUT HEY, I AM NOT ATTENDING COLLEGE EITHER AS MINE IS ALL HOME BASED WORK. DRAWING ON LIFE EXPERIENCES AND WORKING KNOWLEDGE I THINK IS SO IMPORTANT. I HAVE TO ATTEND A NURSERY EVERY WEEK SO THAT I CAN HAVE MY OBSERVATIONS AND ASSESSMENT ASSESSED, OBVIOUSLY THE GIRLS ARE A LOT YOUNGER THAN ME, AND QUITE OFTEN THEY LOOK AT ME AS IF TO SAY 'WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS' 'WHY ARE YOU HERE' PEOPLE LIKE US WHO ARE OLDER HAVE SO MUCH EXPEREINCE THAT THESE YOUNG GIRLS HAVEN'T EVEN COME ACROSS YET.

AGAIN, I THINK THAT YOU HAVE ALL DONE SO WELL, AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY 'WHICH DAY' TO FINISHING MY COURSE. AS FOR THE LADY TUTU, YOU ARE SO FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, BUT THERE IS NO NEED FOR SARCASM ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE ARE WORKING SO HARD.

AS FOR RUTHIE I THINK THAT YOU ARE FANATASTIC THE HELP AND INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE OUT IS SO INFORMATIVE.

I AM OFF MY SOAP BOX KNOW BUT YOU LADY'S WELL DONE!!!!!!

:blush: