Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MadMum1972 is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 301 Communication with children

Hi All

Next Monday, I have my first assessment for level 3, which I am dreading right now! It is all about communication and I can't decide what to do.

Amongst many other tasks, I also need to carry out a group activity which involves communicating with each child, I need to ask them questions too. I was thinking along the lines of sitting the children in a large circle, passing a bear round and whatever child has hold of it, they could tell me what they would like to play with next time they are at playgroup, and why they have chosen that toy/activity etc. This also covers 'choosing activity' and allowing them to make choices. Does this sound ok? I just can't think what else to do right now! Trouble is, this is similar to something I did in level 2, so doesn't show originality!

Also, I need to carry out a 'feelings' activity to help the children understand eachother's feelings. I was going to use puppets but then need to draw up pictorial rules poster. I am not sure how to go about this!

My mind has gone completely blank today, I need to get my act together fast!

Would anybody be able to help with this please?

Thanks in advance
MadMum1972 xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shaz03 is on a distinguished road
Smile 301

hiya. that sounds ok to me. my assessor has told me i can use some of my work from my level 2,but just try to 'tweak' it a little. you could, instead of asking what toy they would like when the child has the teddy ask what song they would like to sing and do a group singing activity.hope that has helped.
Sxx
Unread 05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

xxclairexx is on a distinguished road

yes circle time is a good way, i find this the best way!

erm for feelings couldnt you make your own feelings cards ( pictures of different feelings eg- sad face, happy face, a confused face, crying etc) and get the children to pick which one they are feeling and why they are feeling like that.