Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
angel h

305,307 help Performance Criteria ideas

Anyone got any ideas to cover p.c on units 305 and 307.My assessor is visiting me on Friday and i'm finding it difficult to produce a plan of what I want assessor to observe.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-10-2008, 11:10 PM
littleyorky

305, 307

hi, what area of childcare do you work in? childminder, t a, creche? what age group? i have covered some pc's in 307 that may help if they suit your setting.
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
angel h

Hi thanks for your reply.I work in a nursery in the foundation stage, 3-4 year olds.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
littleyorky

Biggrin 305,307 p.c obs

hi angel,
hope this helps.
307.1 would it be possible for you to do a short p.e lesson with a small group of children? to cover pc 307.1 2 -appropriate clothing:p.e.kit, make sure you ask them to tuck in their t.shits, fasten shoelaces tightly and remove jewelry. pcs 307.1 6,7,8,9 do little warm up-jogging on the spot,star jumps, reaching up to the sky then touch our toes.ask the children to put their hands on their hearts can they feel how fast its beating. small obstacle course, jumping over and going under. introducing balls,dribbling and throwing into net. maybe you could do a simplified version for your age group, maybe throwing beanbags into a hoop. alot of pcs are covered by what you actually asy to the kids, encourage them to join in, praise every attempt, explain why they should go to the back of the queue each time they've had a turn. make sure your assessor hears everything you say. pc307.1 10 encourage children to challenge themselves "see if you can throw the beanbag into the furthest hoop".
307.3 get small group children in a circle, talk about why we do p.e, what exercises keep our hearts healthy and that we need to eat a healthy diet, there needs to be a balance.
307.2 snacktime-wash hands, child to wash table before putting out the snacks, let another child help wash the fruit and put it on the table, another child to put out the milk cartons and straws, another to put out water. sit with them and have a casual chat about what they are eating, eg apples give us vitamins, milk-calcium for strong bones, need water to survive, encourage them to put their own straws in the cartons " you have a go then i'll help" again its about what you say half the time! bring in seasonal fruits and expalin you've brought in something different to try. discuss what other fruits they might like to try, let the children plan the next snacktime, finally encourage cleaning at the end of snacktime. don't tidy up yourself let the kids do it. play a sorting game where you put healthy foods into the shopping trolley and bad foods into a bin.
phewweeeee!!! good luck, let me know how you get on. not done 305 yet.
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
angel h

great advice thanks.had a few problems with 305 but even my assessor said it was difficult for her to assess.I had planned a jigsaw activity that promoted positive images eg.different cultures,disabilities etc.I also incorporated children's rights and responsibilities into this by inviting other children to play if they wanted to,turn taking etc.Found it very hard to cover lot's of p.c's in my assessment for this unit.On my next assessment (305 again) i've got to read the children a story about how to protect themselves from abuse-not looking forward to that!!
Unread 06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

hoppers100 is on a distinguished road

You could read Little Red Riding Hood or Hansel and Gretel. :idea:
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:04 PM

MrsClumsy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers100 View Post
You could read Little Red Riding Hood or Hansel and Gretel. :idea:
Wonderful idea, I hadn't thought of reading them a story! I covered 305.3.4 the first time by playing a computer game that I'd bought from the NSPCC called What if...? It's designed for children from 7 - 12yrs, but I played it with a year 1 child, I just adapted it accordingly. Great game, can be completely customised to fit the child. Was going to play it again but my kids kept playing it and then lost the disc! Never mind, I'll take up your suggestion, hoppers100, and read one of those stories. Thank you!
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:05 PM

noreen is on a distinguished road

hello
hope all u lot r fine
can u help on 307.1.5
thanku
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM

noreen is on a distinguished road

is this live ??? this website
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen View Post
hello
hope all u lot r fine
can u help on 307.1.5
thanku

If you plan a physical actiivity - great example above from littleyorky. Show in your planning how you will adapt for different children ie younger/older children. Ones with less confidence etc. This could also cover some of 305 how you have included all children.

305.1 /305.2
Update your parent noticeboard with information on other activites in your area for children and familes - your local children's centre would be a good place to gather information. Have you written newsletters to parents, are they clear, informative and understandable?

Policies, procedures and registration packs - explain written or verbally, to your asessor, how they are clear understandable, can they be offered in other languages?

305.2 Analysis & Data collection - do an review choose several games or books/homecorner etc. Write how this equipment meets equal opportunites and is inclusive to all children (don't forget to include where you can - different languages, special needs, cultures ......)

Do you carry out any games/activites that help children name body parts, take care of themselves (think how - here we go round the mulberry bush helps children take care of themselves) or/and how to you encourage children to be independant, make decisions, choices for themselves.

Hope this helps