Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Barb123 is on a distinguished road
Default Nvq3 ccld

Help! I'm doing my nvq3 via e-learning and really struggling. This is the first time I have done any childcare study. I think starting (in hindsight) with the level 3 was not such a good idea.
I have to research and explain in detail the Children's Act 1989 and also the Race Relations Act 1976. Can anybody give me some pointers.
Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bountyangel is on a distinguished road

If you just put each of the acts into google they should come up with all the upto date information.Hope this helps
Unread 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyangel View Post
If you just put each of the acts into google they should come up with all the upto date information.Hope this helps
Thanks. I just wondered if anybody had found a site that simplifies the legal jargon. It's making me dizzy
Unread 05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps.

Level two make of been an easier route in for you but take it slow and feel free to post whenever you need to

This link is to an overview of the 1989 children's act - rcpsych.ac.uk and on direct.gov.uk - race relations act
Hope it helps

Best wishes & enjoy the site xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-13-2010, 09:50 PM

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road

All the advice you receive on this site is fantastic but sometimes you can be overwhelmed with internet info. I was recommended a good book CCLD L3 penny tassoni, kath bulman and kate beith (heinemann). Good luck - you will be fine.
Unread 05-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Hiya The Penny Tassoni book is great!!! look on amazon to buy it coz its much cheaper there. Its a great book and is laid out actually in the units.
Unread 05-14-2010, 10:54 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

can you not re enrol at a college and do a level 2 course?
Unread 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

alibee is on a distinguished road

the above mentioned book is my well loved and cherished bible, good luck with your course x
Unread 05-19-2010, 04:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I have got the Heinemann book recommened and agree it's a godsend. Will check out all the websites, thanks again.
P.s. What a great site.
Unread 05-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road

I'm with you on that Barb, website great and keeps me sane!! Book a good investment and actually loads of info in there. Stay with it - you will be fine. It is a battle and you will cry at times but it will be worth it!!