Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-16-2010, 12:38 PM
angelbabe811

Help SOS unit 323 - ICT unit now added questions in full

just refered on my unit 323, wondering if anyone can help with questions:
k3d571
k3c572
k3d573
k3d575
k3p578
k3d580
thanks. sim x

Last edited by angelbabe811 : 05-16-2010 at 02:12 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

i have just finished this unit but dont have the questions in front of me....if you post them I will try to reply x
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:21 PM
angelbabe811

Notebook unit 323-ict unit

i been given notes for some of them but dont know what to write about..
k3d571-adapting ict, i need to write about how you adapt for gender and a game for speical needs.
k3c572- how to make best use of ict in bilingual/multilingual settings
k3d573- in order to use some ict equipmant children will need to develop a range of motor skills eg fine motor skills to use keyboard and mouse, and will need time to explore the equipment before they can use it
k3d575- how to involve families in ict in ways that are sensative to their prior knowledge and level of confidence
k3p578 - useful online and offline resources that support appropriate use of ict
k3d580 - ways of selecting good quality ict resources that encourage posative learning for children by applying select criteria e.g. -allows the child to be in control. -has more than one solution. -not violent or stereotyped. -easy to use 'intuitve'. -fun
thanks.
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

hiya we have just got some IT white boards for our children with ESOL . The parent/ arer can record a comforting message which the children can play. You placea photo on the front and the children can play it whenever they want to. Parents can also record things like " its time for snack" " do you need the toilet" etc. Only had them a few days and they are AMAZING!! IT is anyhting that you have to turn on/off so things like torches games that need turning on and off also count as IT
Unread 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM
angelbabe811

what you mean by esol?
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:35 AM

twinthing is on a distinguished road

some ideas for you.....do you use a pc? if so, go through the games, write an index for each one, put what they are usefull for, which ones are suitable for non english speakers, link them to the 6 areas of leaning....

check out some online early years websites, there are loads out there! an excellent source of information for you!

do you use a digi camera at work? if so.....use that in some way with the children

ask parents to contribute to your it equipment? we asked if anyone had a flat screen monitor ( we had a huge old thing before) and one parent gave us one!!! if you dont ask you dont get! :)

see if you can involve family in IT I asked one parent of a key child of mine to take some photos at home of the child doing an activity and she brought the pics in on cdrom and on a memory stick and I used them to add to his journal...

and do you have a digital picture frame? we have a rolling slide show on ours of a recent visit but you could take pics during the day and play those at the end of session were parents can see them.
audit all other IT such as calculators,torches, play tills, phonic sound toys, audio equipment ect and write ways that you can use this in every day activites and role play areas....

hope that helps......:)
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM

English for Speakers of Other Languages
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM

dont forget that IT is anything that means switching things off and on