Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sarahmaclean27 is on a distinguished road
Default Guidance on learning journey numbers...

Hi,

this is my first post so apologise if wrong. I work in a nursery 50 hours a week and currently undertaking my level 3. 3 members of staff in my room have now handed in their notice and are leaving in the new year leaving me on my own...

My question is, is their a guideline or limit to how many learning journeys an unqualified - but currently undertaking qualification - member of staff can have? Also, are unqualified members of staff allowed to 'have' children who have specific learning difficulties?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

No and No but of course there are questions of quality and i would be asking why people are leaving and why someone unqualified ( tho of course you may have lots of experience!) is doing the majority but my level 3 students all have key children
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sarahmaclean27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply. I currently have 8 but am a little concerned that there are going to be so many children going through the transition of a new key person and I'm concerned about my ability to take on a large number along with me being the only member of staff who will be left that the child with a SLD knows and my ability to take on their ILP as I've had no experience in this before. We have just been taking over by a new company and a lot of staff are unhappy so they have found new jobs.