Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Children's Digital Camera?

Does anyone provide the children with digital cameras for picture taking ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mini is on a distinguished road

Yes. We use one in our group. I give the children my digital camera to use as they please. One little girl went around taking pics of all our resources inside, then went outside and photographed EVERYTHING! I put the pics on the computer and let the children choose the ones they want for their individual photo albums (these are then kept with their developmental profiles). Digital cameras are great fun to use with the children as they all love to see their pics on screen and there is an awful lot of learning (and stepping stones!) covered by using one.
Unread 02-23-2008, 10:29 PM
littleyorky

digital cameras

hi,
in my school the children are encouraged to use digital cameras regularly. they take photos of each other and of their work. the photos are then used in assesment files, for displays, on our website and sometimes on newsletters that go home to parents. we also have small videocams too where the kids interview each other or film roleplay, then edit the film and present to the rest of the class. in the next few weeks i will be working with a small group using the camera in risk assessment. they will have to take the camera around school inside and out and take pictures of possible areas of risk to health and safety.
all good fun!!:rotfl:
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Applegirl

Yes in our setting the children use a digi blue, its a video camera and camera. We got it free when we attended a communicating matters course. Very good for shy children who can then video their day, if they choose not to talk about it.
Unread 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

brown owl is on a distinguished road

Hi

When I worked as a 1-1 TA in a school, the children used digital cameras all the time.

I now work in a pre-school, although the adults take pictures, with a normal camera, we don't have a digital camera at work, our manager/owner said it would be too expensive to keep printing the pictures off (ink etc).

I do think that it is a good idea to let the children take pictures, probably with a digital as you can delete ones that are not brilliant before printing.

Does anyone use (a) use a digital camera in pre school, and (b) let the chidlren use one?

We would have to put the pictures on our computers at home, the work lap-tap does not work at the moment.....

brownowl
Unread 03-02-2008, 04:01 PM

brown owl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applegirl View Post
Yes in our setting the children use a digi blue, its a video camera and camera. We got it free when we attended a communicating matters course. Very good for shy children who can then video their day, if they choose not to talk about it.
What is a digi blue?

brown owl
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:30 PM

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown owl View Post
What is a digi blue?

brown owl
They are very child friendly digital cameras. Small enough for children to use one handed. Can take still pictures or short movies. I have never personally used one but school i work at uses them.
Unread 01-05-2009, 12:25 AM

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

they sell them at the early learning centre for about £50, but if you live near a cosco then they were when my friend last looked £30 all places should have one and as for being to costly well cost shouldnt come into it at all and i can't belive it has. We have one at work and its great. We put it out all the time and the kids can take pics of anything they like. We don't always print them all off but usually at least once or twice every 2 weeks we will print them off for their files. Onn our last ofstead visit they were really impressed.a little boy asked the lady if he could take her picture for our photo wall.
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sherbert is on a distinguished road

Hi we recieved a free one when we were asked to take part in a participation course for our area . The children have great fun with this and the pics are used to go in their files
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM

MissHayley is on a distinguished road

Yes in our setting the children use a digi blue, its a video camera and camera. We use them for the children's learnign journey's too :]

x