Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-24-2008, 09:26 PM
pegasus

Default Multi/Bilingual and English as an additional language

Hi there

A belated Happy New Year to you all.

I have just been set an assignment on 'Specific issues for children's development and learning in multi/bilingual settings and English as an additional language, covering all aspects of development, i.e. physical, cognitive, communication, emotional, social, mathematical, exploration, problem solving and creative development' as I am doing all the curriculum option units, that is 407, 408, 409, 410 and 411 so this will cross reference to all these units one way or another. This also includes 'Support that may be available, how it is accessed and utilised in the setting' and 'Activities to support Communication, Language and Literacy for
a, English as an additional language
b, communication barriers and
c, multi/bilingual settings'

I am not too sure where to start as I am unable to find much in my books and don't have much experience with multi/bilingual or EAL children

Any ideas, help or information would be greatfully received

Ann

Last edited by pegasus : 01-24-2008 at 11:45 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-25-2008, 04:15 PM
noah

In our area we use http://www.bristol-cyps.org.uk/services/emas/all we do is give them a call and ask for support, they find the funding to cover their costs and come to visit us in the setting.

they give support for the setting parents etc. you may find some useful info on their web site
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Hi there

A belated Happy New Year to you all.

I have just been set an assignment on 'Specific issues for children's development and learning in multi/bilingual settings and English as an additional language, covering all aspects of development, i.e. physical, cognitive, communication, emotional, social, mathematical, exploration, problem solving and creative development' as I am doing all the curriculum option units, that is 407, 408, 409, 410 and 411 so this will cross reference to all these units one way or another. This also includes 'Support that may be available, how it is accessed and utilised in the setting' and 'Activities to support Communication, Language and Literacy for
a, English as an additional language
b, communication barriers and
c, multi/bilingual settings'

I am not too sure where to start as I am unable to find much in my books and don't have much experience with multi/bilingual or EAL children

Any ideas, help or information would be greatfully received

Ann
this website has lots of info
http://www.blss.portsmouth.sch.uk/earlyears/index.shtml