Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road
Default storage solutions

Please has any one got any suggestions about toy/buggy storage my hubby is getting very fed up of our house looking like a cross between mothercare and toys r us[even though I put up with his stuff!] and I don't want to give up c/minding. At the moment I have to keep my buggies outdoors and fold them up inot our little porch at night, toys are kept in stackable see through boxes and toys not in use eg baby toys are kept in the loft. All my c/minding friends have conservatories that toys are put into at night which I have suggested but apparently with our drains its not an option any ideas that could help would be greatly appreciated!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers

Don't know if this would be an option for you, but I have a friend who put bike hooks up on her garage walls and hangs her buggies, trikes etc from them. Hopefully this'll help. :crossfing
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM
cinders

I cleared out the understairs cupboard to keep all of my resource out of the way!! out of sight out of mind!! the number of childrens books i own has never been mentioned again! :o)
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I decided to use my dining room for childminding - it's got all the toys, games, books etc on accessible open shelves..... at the end of the day, I close the door and it's gone til tomorrow

It's my career and business, so it's just like having an office

I keep the buggy and car seats in my car all the time

Sarahx
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:29 PM

joshie is on a distinguished road

i have this problem too. so i bought some cheap wicker baskets from tesco and put toys in them around one corner of my lounge. i also bought a cheap wooden toy box. i cleared out my pantry and keep everything else in there. i do keep 2 buggies in the hallway, and my hubbie just puts up with them, at the end of the day it all helps to bring in the money and pay the bills!! its not like he sits on in your porch to have tea and watch tv is it?!?
Unread 08-24-2007, 01:04 PM

watgem is on a distinguished road

Thankyou sooo much! Bank holiday this weekend so will be sorting out the understairs cupboard getting some wicker baskets etc and suggest he does the same for his stuff so I don't have to look at it! Thanks guys!