Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Learning Journals - Chat wheel sharing sheet

I am in the process of changing the children's lj's and getting rather confused with the way to set them out, too many ideas and getting very frustrated. Could anyone share how theirs are set out, was thinking along the lines of 6 areas psed, kuw etc as sections then photos, observations, pictures etc with the written development matters next to the relevant thing ie obs, photo etc any help or advice greatly appreciated thanks

Chat wheel sharing sheet for preschool early years

Planning in the moment: the early years - amazon.co.uk

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

thats what we do, it works for us quite well
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:30 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

We don't section our off - photos and observations can cover so many areas, we link the photos/obs to areas.
xx
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:51 AM

sparky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
We don't section our off - photos and observations can cover so many areas, we link the photos/obs to areas.
xx
That's what we do too.

Every 3 months there is a summary of the 6 areas and next steps for the child.

We are still getting to work out how to make these simple to do. At the moment we are finding them very time consuming (especially working out all the links back to the EYFS). I'm hoping as we do more it will become quicker!!!
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM

Thank you for that i suppose it's trial and error until someone in their wisdom changes it all again!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:42 AM

Our local authority have provided us all with standard 3 monthly reports that we should use so that if we have children that attend more than one setting in the Borough we can pass these between the settings. This makes sense and at least the information between settings should be the same.
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:20 AM

cabin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Our local authority have provided us all with standard 3 monthly reports that we should use so that if we have children that attend more than one setting in the Borough we can pass these between the settings. This makes sense and at least the information between settings should be the same.

I wish ours would something like that.......I taken the learning jouney sheets from the EYFS site and very slightly addapted to share with other settings.

xx
Unread 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the best ones i have seen add things weekly and just link each thing they add to an area. it looks great cos you can see the development and there is little writing.
Unread 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
the best ones i have seen add things weekly and just link each thing they add to an area. it looks great cos you can see the development and there is little writing.

That sounds good

We update ours weekly but just issue it termly with a report every other term (3 times a year)

I just need to devise a page that goes out with it when we are not doing a report but gives parents chance to comment on what they are interested in at home and a quick paragraph from us to say what they have really enjoyed. Does anyone do that?
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM

I find the chat wheels good for this, i give one to parents new and existing to fill in then at the parents evenings we do one together. These are updated every couple of terms by both parties to see how the child's interests etc are developing