Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Em2685

New To CCLD L.3 NVQ where do I start ?

Hello Everyone,

I've just been assigned an account for the E-Learning website for the CCLD level 3 NVQ but I'm slightly confused and I have a few questions. I'd be so grateful if anyone could give me any information or answers...

1. I've never done a NVQ before and I don't quite get how to answer the tasks. I've read the standards for 301 - do I cover everything mentioned in these when answering the tasks?

2. Once I submit my work, do I get it back in order to make amendments?

3. How much am I expected to write? Are quotes and references relevent?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am doing this NVQ alone, no evening classes or College so I'm kind of on my own when it comes to doing the tasks.

Thanks again.
Emma.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Emma, a warm welcome to Silkysteps.

I'm not sure which e learning website you mean but you should email them to ask them about the opportunity to amend assignments before they are properly submitted.

I hope you'll find all the support you'll need 'in a virtual sense on here ..

But do you know of anyone who has done their NVQ3 ccld before that can help you bounce ideas around .. Childminders, Pre school, ask at your local primary school/in the playground .. it would be a great excuse for a coffee morning ?

Enjoy everything here ...
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Em2685

Thank you for the welcome...

My sister has done a level 2 but that was before it was taken over by CCLD, my main problem is not the work so much but knowing what to write where.

The notes in the standards are listed as 301.1 etc... and the tasks are KC... so I'm unsure what relates to what but as her NVQ was not managed by CCLD she doesn't know the layout either.

The E-Learning website is http://www.lostsocks.co.uk/training/login.php and is part of the Chiltern Training group.

Thanks again.
Emma.
Unread 11-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Your request seems very similar to Brown owl's query for the NVQ 4 CCLD course work !!

If anyone can share a working index for the units, knowledge points and the evidence it generated, I can upload and link to it for others ..

Many thanks

Ruth
silky@silkysteps.com
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Em2685

Ok, the thing is that I think, from looking again that the standards (the elements) is what I have to cover throughout the unit and it's up to me to decide which task I put the information in.

I get confused because none of it matches up. For example;

UNIT = Unit 301 - Develop and Promote Positive Relationships

STANDARD = Element CCLD 301.1 - Develop relationships with children

TASK = K3C154 - Good Working Relationships

Anyone?!
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Emma
You should have a designated word count for your written assignments, and including quotes and references is vital as this shows you have done your required reading!
I would imagine that unless stated all submitted work will be marked as it stands...warts and all!?
I did click on the website you included to try and make more sense of your queries, but you need to be a member!
Wish I could be more helpful, please pm me with your email address if you would like to discuss this further.
Air
x
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Ahh ok .. as I see this ..

The Mandatory unit 301 is about Developing and promoting positive relationships.

The Units and your overiding Title !

LINK to UNIT PDF information: NVQ 3 CCLD 301 Develop and promote positive relationships

In this unit there are the 4 Element titles:

1. Develop relationships with children
2. Communicate with children
3. Support children in developing relationships
4. Communicate with adults

Read down through each of the Knowledge points and apply them to each of the element titles. Do this in turn/ one element title at a time so that confusion is minimal !!!

Once you have taken down all the 'rough information that this has generated you can begin to build a draft document.

Link/index/credit any physical/quotational evidence ( eg. policies, procedures etc) that the answers have also generated, making sure any separate documents are stored with the assignment as proof.

Using the Performance criteria as a 'checkbox type guide throughout this whole process you can ensure you have covered all the national standards when putting together the final draft.. (using your word count guidelines )

The performance Criteria also serves as a very positive self evaluation tool, as it can help you to see how you react to - and in, certain situations allowing personal development in dealing with those situations & indeed how to learn new strategies for taking them forward in a positive way !

I hope this is of help and please, PM / post or email me if you have a different understanding on how to go about this !!
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 08-04-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: *Amended CWDC link
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
cybertwin

hi
well i did my nvq 3 a long time ago (finished in 2000) so was a little different.

but have staff members going through this new thing, but, they do attend a training centre once a week for lectures

i think what ruth has said makes sence, and is how we do our essays for uni. referencing readings and policy to back up what you are writing

maybe email the course people and se what help is on offer, they should tell you exactely what is required so you feel a little less lost
Unread 11-22-2007, 04:14 PM
loo-lar

Hi ive also just started level 3 ccld.. doing mine through a local collage, my assesor sets me work and visits me at my place of work for observations, she checkes my work before she sets me anymore. Ive been given a time limit of 18 months to complete the course, im planning on finishing way before that......done 2 units so far ......how u doin now ? we could bounce ideas off each other... are you working also? A friend at work is also doing this course but she says her heart isnt in it....
Unread 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
chantelle

Default lou

hi doing my ccld 3 but gets no help as its 4 over 25s so they just post your work to u and thats that