Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > People

People people who help us, people of interest, pirates and artists

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-24-2006, 02:37 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin What were you going to be?

When you were little (and I mean under 10), what did you want to be when you grew up? What do you hear the little ones in your care saying on the subject?

Personally my lovely father ( ) taught me to answer "When I grow up I'm going to be an ignoramus!" :rotfl: Looks like it worked out fine then! I actually wanted to be an air hostess, a 'dress designer' and a vet all at the same time!

My 6 year old son wants to be a Dad, he says he's going to go to university to learn how to be a good one! *bless*

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
cybertwin

aww

me i wanted to be a forensic scientist and pathologist (poss post 10 though) leanrt very quickly most people go ugh when i say that.

my youngest has for a few years now (he is nearly 10) wanted to play for England and Basingstoke (out local team) and in the off season be a hiar dresser!!
Unread 06-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin

I wouldn't say urgh! At my careers interview in school (aged 14ish?) I said I wanted to be a mortician and yes I fully understood what it would entail. I was told I was going to be a secretary!!! Great! Well I showed them - I was a dental nurse for 13 years instead!

An old schoolfriend wanted to be a nurse in a dolls hospital, just like Nurse Nancy - and she was 15!!!!:rotfl:
Unread 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

I wanted to be an archeologist!!! between the ages of 10-15 I even went on a few excavation digs. It was fantastic but when I was 8 I wanted to be a mum and have a boy called Benjamin Thomas, when I was 20 I had a boy called Thomas Benjamin!!
Unread 08-23-2010, 03:54 PM

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

A little girl in my nursery setting the other day told me that when she grew up she was going to be a butterfly!! shes 4!
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:28 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

I always wantedd to look after children lol. That worked out fine for me. My eldest son always wanted to be " the dinner lady". Was the only job he saw that was people cooking as their job. Despite dyslexia and other learning problems he is now a highly paid qualified chef!!!! LOL. Self fulfilling prophecy there lol!!!!