Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Clairegermany is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Support Positive Practice With Children And Young People With Speech, Language and Communication Needs

Can someone please help me, these are my last 2 questions of my NVQ and im so stuck :bawling any help would be much apppreciated

2.2 Explain the process of how supportive strategies are selected and implemented to support children and young people

4.2 Explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs can affect children and young people’s speech language and communication.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairegermany View Post
Can someone please help me, these are my last 2 questions of my NVQ and im so stuck :bawling any help would be much apppreciated

2.2 Explain the process of how supportive strategies are selected and implemented to support children and young people

4.2 Explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs can affect children and young people’s speech language and communication.

Thank you
Hi
not sure if i am on the right track but here goes, by observing a child you can find out their strenghts and weaknesses, you can build on this by selecting an appropriatte strategie, i would find out the child needs by observing them, i would them plan a strategie around the child's interests and implement this within the setting. e.g. When you observe a child you may find out that the child has difficulty communicating their needs, i would then find out what the child is interested in maybe perhaps cars, i would then put a strategie into place such as PECS (picture exchange communication system), i would take photographs of the cars that the child likes and exchange the real car for the photograph (phase 1), this will enable the child to communicate their wants and needs eventually when you introduce more PECS. This would be for a child with severe communication needs.

Hope it gives you ideas

Lynne