Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road

Good evening Possum!! Agree with you totally about the committee. Most of the time you never get to see them, unless you have a brill committee, when you need them they are never around yet they can dictate to you whenever the Chair feels like it. I know they are only voluntary and its a hard job trying to get a committee together. I was really let down by the Chair in my old job, as soon as there was a problem she didnt want to know.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Wasp

hi everyone just logged on and read of the problems
I agree with all the replies
do you belong to the Pre-School Learning Alliance they may be able to send a mediator in but also Offsted can help especially if the practice is suffering:weepy:
Unread 08-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Yes they are member of PLA. Will tell her to get in touch with ofsted... I used to work at the setting- we were a good team and worked hard, so feel annoyed as well, it used to have such a good reputation but its all changed in such a short space of time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!
Unread 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Wasp

lets hope offsted can help how did the new lead get the job did the deputy not want to step up.
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Wasnt qualified enough - on paper... Superviser is out on long term sick leave at the mo. Apparently this new woman has completely chnged everything whilst the supervisor not there and the rest of the staff dont know if theyre coming or going! How can someone disregard whats been put into place and have no respect for the staff yet get away with it? I want to go in there and get it back to how it used to be!!!!!!!
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Wasp

don't know what to say
sounds as if the staff should all get together and go to committee with a vote of no confidence are you qualified could you go back on a temp basis