Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
mandy44

Default Help CCLD 4 Q k4m759

Hello
This is my first time on here ,i have recently started my NVQ 4 ,been told im not writing enough could anyone please help me
I need help with K4M759
Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say welcome, I'm afraid I don't really know much about the NVQ4 but others on this site do.. so I'm sure someone will come along with some advise soon.

xxx
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Default Work Ethics ..

Hi & welcome to Silkysteps

Unit 401 K4M759 - The importance of respecting professional boundaries and how to do so.

What are professional boundaries ?
Why is it importance to repsect them ?
How to show respect for them.

Appreciating that there are boundaries in existance in any organisation is a whole way towards respecting them & working together efficiently !!

The importance of respecting boundaries in essence proves you appreciate that there may be limitations / set procedures in place that will govern and guide any eventualities ~ that effectively opens the doorway to a working relationship ideal for solving issues and finding solutions.

How to respect boundaries - Patience & politeness (amongst others), if time & interest allows find out how things work, if you can be involved/experience a set of actions that are similar to your own requirement .. there will be a healthy regard & respect for everything that needs to be done to accomplish the task.

Protocol can be important .. how to do things, how things are expected to be done and being professional when things don't do as they are supposed to .. Reassurance that someone has safety nets & boundaries in place that help to protect people and business !!

Other scenario boundaries to explore could be

' We have never done it that way before ' ...
' Haven't heard of that before' ...
' Who do I ask about that '
' Where do we go to find out '

An agency without boundaries may say...
' This is how it works and this is what will happen .... trouble with that is something someday may happen to throw a proverbial spanner in the works .. and whilst the problem is being sorted & hopefully overcome everyone concerned will probably of learnt a new respect for boundaries !!

More business like boundaries could include
Professionalism, history &/of working relationships, qualifications, personality, - inter agency cooperation - networks & coordination - agency competition and maybe contention over assumed responsibilities.

Financial boundaries may also be a consideration.

Going 'over heads .. stepping on toes and inappropriate decision making is the opposite end to all of this :muted: !!

Possible Logistical Boundaries
Finance again - the element of time - number of people involved - type of agencies involved - Demographic & geographics - delivery.

Boundaries that appear will depend on the job in hand .. but personal conduct and a courteous approach as part of the projects lead will go a long way to building a good beginning !!

A few interesting links

Professional Boundaries a statement of it in practice from The British Psychological Society.
Business ettiquette - Florida based training website but has a good 'Oops introduction !!
Excellent definition of 'Setting Healthy workplace Boundaries' from ucsfhr.ucsf.edu

I'm sure other members will be along with more suggestions and fingers crossed correct any of mine lol

Enjoy Silkysteps & everything we have here ...
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 08-04-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: * Edited unit pdf link for ease of administration
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

wow! what an excellent response Ruth...I have nothing more to add...
Air
x
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
mandy44

Default Thank you

Hi Ruth
Thank you so much for your quick responce

Lots of ideas to help now
Unread 11-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator

You're welcome let us know how you get on ..
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

myah is on a distinguished road

hi glad you have found us. i have had so much help from this forum.
so many people out there willing to help. just some little tips on how to answer the question help so much x
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

aww thanks .. there is an absolutely fab bunch of people on here .

About K4M759, I was thinking more about this last night .. and how it can be made more practical ..

Do colleges use role play scenarios to help look at the possible boundaries in place ?

Something as (seemingly) simple as making an appointment at the dentist and looking at what boundaries could spring up to prevent that from happening ?

From the view point made in my first post this scenario would ask what boundaries are already in place to ensure you make a successful appointment .. possibly not so easy to write about !? It's always good to see the nitty gritty as to what happened to put those boundaries in there in the first place .. that's where the respect for them kicks in (possibly/usually) lol
the cost of ad blockers