Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bigkitty266 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help with handling complaints

How could/would i respond to the following (imaginary) comments or complaints..

a. Kyles mother is jewish, she tells me that she is uncomfortable with me taking her sons class on a trip to the local mosque. ???

b. Heidis parents are delighted with the changes you have made in getting more resourses that feature samesex parents, they would like to get more involved in the life of the nursery ???

c. Oliver parents complain about you encouraging their son who has the beginings of muscular dystrphy to do physical activites outdoors with the other children. They say it is not fair and the other children will laugh at him and it would be no good for his self esteem ???

d. Caseys parents complain to the manager that you do not allow their daughter enough time to answer questions in class, she has a stutter and needs more time to speak without interuption from other class members ???

I have completed the rest of this unit then at the last minute noticed i have missed a whole page I am totally flumuxed on these

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty266 View Post
How could/would i respond to the following (imaginary) comments or complaints..

a. Kyles mother is jewish, she tells me that she is uncomfortable with me taking her sons class on a trip to the local mosque. ???

You should already have shared your equality of opportunity and diversity policy with the mother. The policy explains that, as part of a varied curriculum, you are required to support children's learning about their wider community, including other religions, cultures etc.

If the mother is not happy a procedure for withdrawing her child from various parts of the curriculum should already be in place which she can follow.

I am not a teacher but his is what happens in the local school where I am a governor... you might want to check with your school first

b. Heidis parents are delighted with the changes you have made in getting more resourses that feature samesex parents, they would like to get more involved in the life of the nursery ???

Great, brilliant, all contributions and suggestions from parents are gratefully received.

what kind of involvement would parents like? How can they be accommodated? Do they have any suggestions?

What about an assembly... circle time activity... ?

c. Oliver parents complain about you encouraging their son who has the beginings of muscular dystrphy to do physical activites outdoors with the other children. They say it is not fair and the other children will laugh at him and it would be no good for his self esteem ???

A care plan / action plan should already be in place for the child, written by their key person in association with their medical team.

This will give examples of the types of activities the child can / cannot join in with and extra support the child might need.

As part of this all other children will have been involved in group discussions about respecting and supporting others - maybe parents just need reassurance that their child has supportive peers around them...

Or is there a further underlying concern they will tell you about if you organise a meeting with them?

d. Caseys parents complain to the manager that you do not allow their daughter enough time to answer questions in class, she has a stutter and needs more time to speak without interuption from other class members ???

I have completed the rest of this unit then at the last minute noticed i have missed a whole page I am totally flumuxed on these
I hope this gets you started