Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

emziebub88 is on a distinguished road
General question Possible career pathway after completing my level 3...

Hi all, am almost finished my nvq3 now, and was thinking about what career path to take and what doors it will metaphorically open up for me...

I am currently a nursery nurse, and I love the work and my job is bril, but I have a lot of time off due to illness and its a lot of work. I am lucky that my current job are really understanding with it all, but I was thinking of maybe doing something similar but with not so much stress...I was thinking of maybe something in youth work or working with young people in a residential home or something, but would like some more info on these before I look further into it...

Any ideas would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

hahaha what on earth makes you think that will be less stressful! have you met any teenagers. i think you need to focus on getting 2 years with good attendance at work as your options are completely limited by your sickness. Most like me won't employ anyone with less than 92% attendance. working in a nursery is farrrr less stressful!
Unread 02-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

emziebub88 is on a distinguished road

Lol I never thought that it would be less stressful, and getting 2 years of gd attendance is a no go as I'm pretty much in and out of hospital 10 or more times a year!!!! I've been in twice this year already, maybe not less stressful but something that might be more suited to me :)
Unread 02-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You could enquire at the hospital about creche and maybe later if they have a playwork service.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

smithnemo is on a distinguished road

It is not less stressful working in a residential setting there are late nights and it can be very hard dealing with situations. I'm trying to change and work in a nursery as I can't commit to the long hours any more so I'm in the same boat and want to know if I can use my level 3 in a nursery as mine is on the social side.
Unread 01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lollypop69 is on a distinguished road

:hi I have got to design a career pathway I would like to follow but I am really struggling atm with it as im completing my level 3 nvq childcare but I would love to either go on to being a midwife or a youth offenders officer can anyway help and give me any ideas please tia
Unread 01-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps. If you contact your local job centre or college they'll have a far greater awareness of the course providers & opportunities available in your area.

For general entry requirements & job descriptions the national careers website has good reading - Midwife & maternity support worker, youth offending team officer

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers