Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

missminchin is on a distinguished road
I have a question Smart objectives on professional development plan, what to write?

I am towards the end of my course and my tutor have given this for me to complete.

My brain is empty now with all the homework I've been doing. I would really appreciate if somebody points me in the right direction.

1. State 2 specific targets you would like to achieve by the end of your course:
*personal
*professional

2. How are you going to measure how you achieve these targets?

3. How are you going to achieve these targets within the given timescale?

4. Are your targets realistic? Who will you seek guidance from to achieve them?

5. Give a specific target date to achieve both your goals

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, earlier in the course you'd of looked at your own professional development? SMART is an acronym that helps you plan out that development so that you always feel in control of it and know what's involved.

Page 65 of this CYPW has a sample table you could use if you haven't already begun to make one - search inside for 'personal development plan'

(there's also one on this forum thread)

Page 64: What are SMART objectives

Specific: be clear about what it is you want to achieve
eg. I want to complete my Level 2 Certificate in ...

Measurable: you should be able to track progress and achievement
eg. I have support from my assessor who informa me of my progress ebvery time they visit

Achievable: ask youself 'Am I in the right job role for this and do I have the necessary time and support'
eg. My manager thinks I am more than capable and is really suipportive.

Revelant/Realistic:
consider if the training or development you are doing will benefit you and/or your role
eg. This will help me to gain more knowledge about the development of young children and give me more confidence at work.

Time-limited/target date:
setting realistic time limits will help you to keep focussed
eg. I can do this in a year as I have lots of support. Just think this time next year I will have finished!

1. State 2 specific targets you would like to achieve by the end of your course:
*personal - finish the STL level 2 and have a qualification that enables you to earn more money and go on to higher qualifications.
*professional - eg. understand children's development so you can support them better

2. How are you going to measure how you achieve these targets?
Complete all the units and submit your coursework on time?
Provie more detailed information when evaluating how a lesson has gone?

3. How are you going to achieve these targets within the given timescale?
Use the study and submission dates given to you by yout course tutor?

4. Are your targets realistic? Who will you seek guidance from to achieve them?
You have planned the time to study and attend college for x days a week? Your tutor, assessor, class and head teracher gives you supprt?

5. Give a specific target date to achieve both your goals
When does your course end?

Hope this helps, best wishes with finishing xx
the cost of ad blockers